Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

-WISH Broadcasting Network!
|| Current Year & Season: Fall of 426 || Based on Eyewitness accounts and the absolute state of denial the Freedom Pirates find themselves in, they have now confirmed that Lucy, after a years' investigation, died of her terminal condition. Information was gained by WISH's Chief of Staff of the CDC, Mr. Beckmen. || Abyssal has decided to hang up her cape along the news of Lucy's death and entrusts her lineage to a hopeful young one, Sub-Zero. Reporters asked a few newer members about Abyssal's retirement and they gave mixed responses.|| “I ain’t going back to Elysium for no damn reward. Fuckers insane.” - Newest Vitality Member, Big Smoke. No extra information was given to explain his ranting. ||

Affiliate Box By Invisionation
Welcome to My Hero Academia RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

If you are seeking help, come into our Discord! https://discord.gg/CrJPdtj

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Villainy amongst the Booze; Franklin Rhodes, Chen “Lee” Lizhen
Topic Started: May 16 2018, 04:58 PM (168 Views)
Ry_Burst
Member Avatar
The Dork of Ages!!!!
While in New Zealand, Franklin never had much of a reason to drink. Drinking my have been a escape from the constant struggle and pain, but Franklin found it somewhat stupid altogether in his younger years. Why waste your life and your own intellect drinking your head off? He was too intelligent and proud to drink. But that was long ago.

Now, the man sat now in a barroom glaring at a glass of scotch and water in England. He’d never thought he would have made it this far, with both being in away from New Zealand and instead in a place of such culture, and the fact he was in a bar about to drink. He was wearing a tight dark purple short sleeved shirt that reached up to his neck, and a black high collared jacket. He had traded in his usual attire of suits for something more casual, for various reasons. However most of these stemed from a lack of money he had, now being away from his home and money.

Franklin’s Outfit

He eyed the scotch for a few more moments contemplating whether or not he would drink it. Growing up he had despised drunks, for whether or not they were retired soldiers who were washing down their guilt, or regular barflies who had nothing better to do. But then again, he had heard the best remedy for sadness was a drink. It was a drink that would help you forget your worries.

Wearily, he brought the glass up to his lips and took a subtitle sip, tasting the unique flavor of the drink. It was sharp and shocked Franklin. It didn’t taste very good. He set the glass down, with a somewhat look of distaste upon his lips.
Edited by Ry_Burst, May 16 2018, 04:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FritzingHell
Member Avatar

England. The best place in the world to get all your illegal medical goods, at least that's what brought a certain elderly man traveling middle of nowhere Sweden over to the Island Nation. Having left his abode in the very young and trustful hands of his friendly Flynn, Lee had to prepare for the future sessions to come. He easily assumed that with the boy's inexperience, he'll continuously wind up injured in the training sessions. And so while trusting the boy with his home and some simple exercises to get used to the new lifestyle he was going to adapt, Lee needed to prepare for medical supplies out of the wazoo. And so with a quick flight and meeting with some of the lesser sorts in the back alleys of England, Lee decided to go somewhere to get himself a quick pint.

Honestly, it was just to occupy the time. He hadn't had a drop since he came to England, and so just going into the first pub he walked in front of had him walking up to sit at the bar. Taking a stool, he sat right next to an odd fellow who wasn't touching his own drink. And in this kind of environment, where everyone was either chatting along with their friends or chugging down their drinks, it seemed out of place with someone who was acting like such a sad sack of potatoes.

Getting the attention of the barkeep and getting himself a Screwdriver, he let his eyes look over the rather scrappy looking chap. Though he may have had a good face, his fashion betrayed his own looks. Made him like some kind of Chazz or something, but looks weren't always everything. After all, for how formal Lee looked while wearing a slate button up, a black suit-vest, and a pair of black slacks with black leather shoes, the elderly man held a rather wry smile as it seemed he was going to rely on his usual ways of finding out who this man was.

"Well, don't you look like a sight for sore eyes," Lee muttered, lightly elbowing the young man in the side, his own gaze twisted enough to meet the boy's as he continued, "Usually barkeeps have the job of listening to the sob stories the usual drunks come up with, but you don't even look the slightest bit drunk with how untouched that gin of yours is. Something plaguing your mind that much?"

Zerefclyde

Gold, Diamonds, Platinum. Some of the most treasured materials on this planet. It was increasingly hard to gather these materials due to their rarity, but in Japan it was nearly impossible. They minimized the mining there and it made it incredibly difficult for Hibiki to test his abilities out with different metals. This brought him to England. But so far he hasn’t had much luck yet. His adventure for quality led him to a pub. What’s that saying? If you find yourself in an unknown location and want information, go to a pub. This was knowledge Hibiki gained through many trials and errors. He decided to go into a smaller one, that seemed lively enough.

The door opened to the pub, with a man stumbling out reeking of alcohol. “Move out my way, damn brat.” He grumbled putting his hands on Hibiki’s shoulder, touching his scarf. Normally Hibiki wasn’t one to start conflict, but this time he grabbed the man’s arm as he passed and shoved him back against the door. “Keep your dirty hands off me.” He growled, eyes filled with intense anger. “I won’t hesitate to kill you.” He smiled, having an estatic expression on. This put off the man and he scurried away. Hibiki sighed, and entered the pub. Stupid drunks.

When he entered a few eyes were on him. They probably heard the altercation outside. Hibiki was a bit rough with the door. Well whatever. He strolled over to the bar and took a seat. “I’ll have apple cider. Thanks” He told the bartender. Whilst waiting for his drink, he took the time to wipe at his muffle. That guy had left a bit of his alcoholic scent on the scarf, from his hands. It pissed Hibiki off to no end. But he made the effort not to spread his murderous intent around the place.

Getting his cider made the white-haired boy calm down. It was one of his favorite drinks and allowed for Hibiki to actually take a good look around the place. It was actually a nice establishment. He noticed two gentlemen sitting a little bit off from where he was. One seemed like he was straight out of an anime and the other was older and more energetic seeming. He would watch their interaction for a little while.

Ry_Burst
Member Avatar
The Dork of Ages!!!!
Franklin was considering ordering a glass of water to wash out the taste of booze in his mouth, when an older gentleman beside him, jabbed him in the elbow giving Franklin a bit of surprise. The man seemed to be interested in Franklin, or more accurately, why the man hadn’t been drinking his drink.

He put his hand into the interior in the jacket, reaching his hand in his pocket. To someone who didn’t know much, it would like the man was pulling a gun form a side holster. However Franklin was a man who didn’t need a gun defend himself, and instead pulled out a small red lighter and a pack of dented cigarettes. He opened the box, and stuck one in his mouth, giving it a light using his lighter, before stuffing the box and lighter back to where it came from. Franklin took a puff before looking at the man, studying him before answering. He seemed to be in later years, and with the vest he was wearing, could it possible he was retired? But with the smile on his face, he seemed to be the type to ask questions for his own genuine curiosity, and he seemed to act somewhat young for his kid, with a good amount of spunk left in the geezer.

“I don’t drink,” Franklin replied curtly, before taking a puff of his cigarette. He eyed the man, while he smoked, leaving a pause to linger. “But I’ve seen some horrid things, and I was hoping I could invest in a way to forget. But now I’m having second thoughts. This tastes awful.” Franklin stopped at that point, trying to answer the question somewhat vaguely. He’d much rather have a polite conversation to an alternative of him having to talk about the events in New Zealand.

FritzingHell
Member Avatar

Lee really didn't hesitate all too much when the chap decided to reach a hand right into his own jacket pocket. After all, it'd only be a fool's errand to use a weapon in broad daylight, especially against a grizzled veteran such as himself. His own life put on the line more times than the gentleman can recount, Lee maintained a calm visage as the young man whipped out one of those atrocious cancer sticks. Now, it would be such a self-fulfilling hypocrisy to stop him just for the fact he was smoking, as he himself partook in burning his own life away using those decades ago. But at the same time, they were inside of an establishment, so Lee was going to take his own liberties with this.

Holding out a hand towards the cigarette, something seemed to emerge from Lee's hand. His flesh growing and expanding out of his own wrinkled skin, forming into its own fleshy member. And in no time at all, a separate hand separated out of the back of Lee's own palm, levitating in the air and moving over to the smoke stick that Franklin took a tender puff from. "Now boy," Lee chided, waggling his own actual fingers while his floating hand used its index fingers to pinch the tip of his cigarette and end the smoke, "That stuff is much deadlier than half of the things I've seen. And costs a lot more to repair, I'm a living example of that, geheheheh."

Alluding to a portion of his dark past, he tiled his head while his floating hand returned to his side, clasping around the Screwdriver that the gentleman ordered. Lifting it up and bringing it to his lips, Lee chugged half the damn thing down much faster than anyone his age really should be drinking, and held his own glass of his special blend vodka before continuing on, "And though I might not be a doctor of the mind, it's evident that whatever is plaguing you is unhealthy. Booze doesn't really help at all in making you forget, it just dulls you to that pain. What helps more is sharing, and how about you tell an old man what addles that think pan of yours."

Folding his own fingers together, he leaned in towards the shabbily dressed man. Leaning forward and resting his chin on the back of his hands, giving this boy his undivided attention. He had no idea why he was wanting to help this young man with this troubles, but then again it was honestly interesting to listen to the rambling of other weary travelers who go to taverns to commune. Each person having their own personal story and troubles, and within those troubles were ways for people to grow better for them. Maybe just hearing this story could have Lee impart some wisdom, and the two of them could grow better from that? Oh who knows, Lee was just wanting to satiate his boredom with this young man's despair.

Ry_Burst
Member Avatar
The Dork of Ages!!!!
Franklin watched as the man reached out with his hand, and formed a new hand from it to extinguish the lit cigarette. That seemed to be his quirk, and it was a somewhat odd quirk, but that didn’t really matter. It seemed to be highly useful. However as Lee nagged him about the usage of cigarettes and how they were dangerous, and gave the implication of how he used to smoke them himself, Franklin rolled his eyes. Maybe a shorter life wasn’t much of a bad thing.

However it seemed that Franklin’s vague answer involving seeing stuff wasn’t enough to satisfy the old man. Stubborn old Coot. “I was apart of a war, to where i was raised to believe in one thing,” he said, beginning to tell his tale. There really wasn’t a point in hiding it, and besides this old man seemed to be overly persistent. “I’m from New Zealand. And I fought for Oni’s Side. Not that i worship the beast, but because it was my best option. Fight and maybe make a place for myself so I could leave. it was raining and muddy, and I was working with two others. A man who could anipulate the wind, and a 14 year old girl. The rain turned to acid, and I demanded by team to go into the trees for cover. The trees weren’t as sturdy as I antipacted and they broke over our heads, killing the girl. My teammate blamed me, and he was right. And then we were all whisked away to Africa. I didn’t kill many cobaantants or see many things. But I killed a little girl because of my own pride. And that fact haunts me still.” He gave a pause, and looked up at he ceiling, allowing his story to sink in. “So what are you gonna say to that? The same thing I’ve heard, with it being not my fault and I should forget about it? What are you gonna say now knowing what’s in my head?” Franklin’s voice had slights amount of passive aggressiveness in it, and he glared knifes at the old man.

Zerefclyde

"I don't think pride has much to do with it moreso than just you weren't anticipating that attack." Hibiki tuned in, seemingly unfazed by the story. "If you intended to truly save the girl, then wouldn't that give you your answer there as to if it was on purpose?" The white-haired boy leaned back with a seemingly puzzled look to his face. "Hey old man, if you're so damaged then how come you look so healthy?" Hibiki grinned, eyes full of stars interested in the other hand that had appeared "You seem like you take really good care of yourself despite the booze and fags." He was one to notice the definition that the older man had in his arms and legs, which definitely didn't have the signs of a man who wastes his body. That was the kind of people he hated. He could also tell the olld man had secrets that he kept locked down, despite his happy seeming nature. After all, thats just the kind of person Hibiki Nao was himself.

"The name's Hibiki by the way." He extended a hand to take a drink of cider, gulping it down before finishing. Being closer to the two than before, he was able to see details in their faces. Franklin seemed a bit annoyed, probably with all the probing the older man had done. His theory furthered into proof seeing the younger almost mentally threatening the guy. It was a bit amusing, and Hibiki could feel a goofy smile growing on his face before disappearing. The story he heard brought back up memories of his own misfortune.

FritzingHell
Member Avatar

"New Ze-what now?" Lee spoke, having no idea what a New Zealand is, and for good reason too. After all, those lands were scratched out of the annuls of history alongside the existence of the Dark Continent. Though, the longer that this boy talked, the more that he seemed very loopy and unwilling to share any proper details. This was way too outlandish to really be believable, and not enough details or proof really existed other than the chap feeling a little sad over it. But before he had a chance to comment, it seemed a youngling wanted to hop in and throw his own two cents into this little conundrum. Well, Lee be damned if a young rascal was going to steal his spotlight, so it was time to reach into his deep pockets of advice.

"Although I personally don't believe your story, you at least still feel the pain. So let me tell you the truth. It was your fault." Lee let that note hang in the air for the distraught, PTSD encumbered man to endure his past mistake. It wasn't going to end in such harsh words, as Lee continues, "You were, as the boy informs, uninformed about this odd acid rain. In your little fantasy, it seemed you had little control of the actual situation and mad the wrong call which, inadvertently, killed her. But what are you going to do about her death? Hope it isn't continuing to wallow in sadness, for that was the path I took. I was young like you when I was able to make a move, but my actions lead to a mutual massacre. I witnessed their deaths firsthand. I made every mistake and I still feel the eyes of the world watch me with those guilting eyes. And, some advice that I wish I had known, is that we have no control over who lives, who dies, and who tells your story."

Taking another swig of his drink, Lee's floating hand was now drifting over to the barkeep, waggling the glass in an attempt to get a refill. The entire time, Lee's eyes were stone cold and laid bare, boring into Franklin's own eyes. Two polar opposites, one who was still young but has aged emotionally far past into his elder years, the other an elder whose story was only beginning despite the many conclusions to his previous tales. And maybe it was the booze, but Lee's lips were much looser than usual, especially with the next comment which would more than likely thrust a dagger into Franklin's heart.

"But by all means, if you think you truly are responsible for her death, why not give her a good ol' hello? End your life right now if you can't bare the pain. Though, if you truly cared for her, you would live because death only occurs when you are completely gone and forgotten. If there are people who remember your tales and speak of them to the next generation, then people can easily live forever as legacies."

Taking a deep breath, Lee really needed his next swig sooner than later or else he might say things he could probably regret. Thankfully little Hibiki gave an avenue for escape by introducing himself, and actually calling Lee out on his claim of having such a broken down body. "Geheheheh, I've reached rock bottom before, but I brought myself back from the brink," Lee casually admits, still holding firm about his claim, "I won't tell my story, as it's almost as ludicrous as Mr. New Zealand's... But I'll share this to you. This heart of mine?"

Casually creating another floating hand with his quirk, the second floating hand escaped the fleshy nape of Lee's neck before hovering in front of his chest. Letting the floater poke his own chest where his heart was, which to any avid experts of anatomy would be on the opposite side of the body where normal hearts usually are located, Lee would inform, "This ticker of mine, pumping blood around my entire body? Not my own anymore, my old one was slowly withering away from an incurable disease."

After sharing this moment, it only dawned on him that this young boy really shouldn't belong in an establishment such as this. After all, Hibiki definitely didn't look like the type who was old enough to guzzle down even a whole shot of scotch before losing half of his under-developed brain cells. Smirking a little as that only proved how brazen this boy was to get into the tavern, Lee just couldn't help his curiosity and his very provocative, teasing nature, "So what's an elementary schooler doing in a pub like this?"

Ry_Burst
Member Avatar
The Dork of Ages!!!!
The arrival of the boy was a bit of a surprise to Franklin, mainly due to his sudden interruption into the conversation. He made bold claims that were the same as he had been told, time and time again. He had grown to ignore such ignorance. However it was odd how the boy quickly switched the old man and introduced himself.

However Lee’s speech wasn’t the same as Hibki’s, which wa one Franklin considered run of the mill. Lee’s on the other hand was more direct in an opposite way. However Franklin grit his teeth as his claim about New Zealand was openly denied by this man. It was his homeland, despite the fact he denied it openly to himself. If it didn’t exist, then how could he rise above issues he would face and become something more. However he didn’t say anything, as there was no point in arguing the reality of a place lee had never heard of without proof, it would be pointless, no matter how ignorant the thought sounded to Franklin.

But it was the other bits and pieces of his speech that were more profound. About how he wasn’t doing himself any good wallowing about her death. Why die when he could live out her honor with his life? But that brought up another question. How?

Zerefclyde

The gesture of pointing to the old geezer's heart was a shock to Hibiki. Almost as much as what he dared to say after. His eyes narrowed, "Elementary schooler?" before punching the man's arm without much force. "I'll have you know I'm seventeen." He whined before he glared at the man with a bit of murderous intent, " I may be shorter, but watch it or I'll kill you." Hibiki had developed a complex from the murder of his parents. Remembering the murderer's words "たすけられないんだ、ちびーちゃん(Looks like you couldn't save them... Shorty)." It pissed him off just thinking about it. The blood on the floor, the evil grins, and the helplessness he had felt.

Just to put cream ontop of the threat, Hibiki grabbed the mans drink and took a long gulp taking the concentration to about a quarter left. He smiled, " And, an elementary schooler couldn't do that." He was an experienced drinker coming from Japan, where the standard was to drink with one's friends, senpai's, and for other occasions. Although, Sake was definitely not as hard as this current concoction. Although he had just met these people, Hibiki kind of felt at ease despite the anime looking op coming off as cold. The guy looked to be into thought. Perhaps about what Lee said. It upset him a bit to see someone brooding. Hibiki leaned over the geezer and looked at Franklin, "Hey, you see this?" He pointed to the necklace that he wore day in and day out. It had shown signs of wear and tear from all the years that he'd worn it. " It was from my parents. They were murdered in front of me, when I couldn't do anything." The white-haired boy looked away sheepishly, " This is my reason to live, don't you have a reason?" He faced the other head-on, "I can't count how many people have tried to harm me over this, but how do I say this? Its their honor and I protect it with my life. Maybe you can one day find yours too." He had nothing more to say, pushing himself up off Lee's lap and stood up looking ready to go. Before remembering his whole purpose here. "Ah! By the way, I'm looking for a place maybe you guys can help me find it?"

FritzingHell
Member Avatar

Apparently Lee's words were enough to silence Franklin, as he held no reason to respond to anything Lee had spoken about. Rather, the one who was more interested in speaking their mind was the young man known as Hibiki. He was actually completely flabbergasted about the fact that Lee's own heart wasn't his own, and probably feeling a bit weirded until the Elementary Schooler comment. Chuckling at the response of the light tap against his own arm, learning more about this young kid. Especially with this threat against his own life, to which Lee easily laughed off like it was nothing. Honestly, if he had a dime for the many times he has been threatened to be murdered, and people failed or just didn't, he would've had enough to buy his own island in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle.

Lee's own eyes narrowed at the boy's attempt to take Lee's drink from the floating hand, and actually succeeding as the elderly man definitely didn't see it coming. And just as the kid was chugging it down, Lee made a snide remark in saying, "Well, you're buying the rest of my drinks tonight then sonny, heheheh." Clapping at his own joke, Lee let the boy somewhat struggle in keeping it down and become proud of the fact that he downed himself a Screwdriver. Curious at how the boy would handle himself after using said booze to kill a couple of brain cells, it seemed his lips became much looser as he tried console this brooding bastard. And his method was actually eyebrow raising at the rather casual nature of dropping such exposition about his parents, and an untold price that is labeled on that necklace of his.

And it seemed there was much more he wanted, as it seemed he needed directions to somewhere? "Ohhh?" Lee mused, cupping his chin in the gap between his thumb and index finger, nodding along with his eyes close while trying to put together a collection of words in his mind, "You need directions somewhere. Pray tell us, what are you doing and what do you need to find? I currently have nothing else in my schedule, after all."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · England · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Sister Sites

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Vote for My Hero Academia RP at Top Site List Planet My Hero Academia RP

Affiliates

Bleach Platinum Hearts BROKEN CHAINS Ninpocho Affilate
"Deep Waters" theme created by HawkBlade124 of the Zetaboards Resource Zone.