Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

-WISH Broadcasting Network!
|| Current Year & Season: Spring of 427 || Based on Eyewitness accounts and the absolute state of denial the Freedom Pirates find themselves in, they have now confirmed that Lucy, after a years' investigation, died of her terminal condition. Information was gained by WISH's Chief of Staff of the CDC, Mr. Beckman. || Abyssal has decided to hang up her cape after the news of Lucy's death and entrusts her lineage to a hopeful young one, Sub-Zero. Reporters asked a few newer members about Abyssal's retirement and they gave mixed responses.|| “I ain’t going back to Elysium for no damn reward. Fuckers insane.” - Newest Vitality Member, Big Smoke. No extra information was given to explain his ranting. ||

Affiliate Box By Invisionation
Welcome to My Hero Academia RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

If you are seeking help, come into our Discord! https://discord.gg/CrJPdtj

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Heavy Rain; ; Graded
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 11:38 PM (483 Views)
Cocoanut

Sky stood, her back leaned against the wall of a nearby brick building, probably some old tavern. The building had been shut down long ago, and was now rarely inhabited by anything other than street rats, much like herself. It was difficult to get by with no money and no home, so places like this became a necessary part of Sky's life. She looked out across the street at a few other store fronts, sighing softly to herself. It was getting dark, and she'd already been staying at her temporary brick abode for too long. It was time to find somewhere new, so she wouldn't be picked up by the police.

With a soft grunt, she threw her weight forward, standing up straight and turning to walk down the old, decrepit sidewalk, wondering if it would ever be fixed up in the back of her mind. As she looked around at the world around her, she couldn't help but see everything as a sort of metaphorical gray. It was all bland, the same thing she'd seen over and over throughout her life. It was hard for her to get excited about anything at all these days, and this realization caused the little gray cloud above her head to grow thicker, puffier, and darker. Soon it started to rain, even though the sky far above was completely clear. "Yeah, of course. Go ahead and rain on me." Sky muttered to herself, or more towards the blackened cloud that was pouring rain heavily down upon her head. It almost felt like hail.

Sky was wearing her hoodie and vest, as usual, so she was plenty warm despite the night air and the rain falling upon her, and she was dry for the most part. If the rain kept up at this rate, though, that would soon no longer be the case. She strolled for a while, until she entered the bad part of town proper, rather than just the outskirts where she had been staying for the past few days. She didn't like the bad parts of town, per say, but they were all she had known for years now, so being here was almost like being at home. Looking around her, she saw broken glass, boarded-up windows, and graffiti on storefronts. But somewhere, deep inside her, she also saw the good that existed here. She saw the best place for fried chicken in all of England, as far as she was concerned. She saw the run-down basketball court where kids would play and make friends.

Before long, Sky's thoughts returned to the bad, though. She thought of the gangs that likely took protection money from that same fried chicken restaurant, and she thought of the kid that had been shot at the basketball court for saying the wrong thing one day. She thought of the dozens of drug addicts and alcoholics holed up in their beat-up apartment buildings, and she let out another heavy sigh, knowing that any one of them could become a new villain any day now. She shook her head in an attempt to clear out the bad thoughts, but they stuck firm. "Ah... Another day in my lovely city. Welcome home, Sky... Get used to it." She told herself in a gloomy tone of voice, rolling her eyes and pulling a half-eaten bologna sandwich out of her pocket, unwrapping the crumpled paper that enveloped it and downing the measly scrap of food in only one or two bites, ignoring the sogginess of the bread as it too was rained down upon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise came to a sudden stop in the center of the street, taking a moment to timidly glance around at her surroundings.The area was unfamiliar, the buildings covered in graffiti and the streets littered with garbage with little in the way of decent lighting. She had taken the day to leave her comfortable apartment in search of some sort of food, as the rations she had carried with her from her large estate had finally started dwindling, some of it even reaching expiration. She had gotten dressed in what she saw as street attire, that being a red dress and a petticoat with a light pink jacket to cover her arms from the cold, a pair of large white wings folded beneath and visible below the jacket itself. She had found her way to a family owned grocery store, picking up just enough for her hands to carry before attempt her way back to the building. The small girl seemed a tad confused, turning around a couple times and glancing down the streets occasionally as she contemplated a direction to turn.

Her short, chunky heels clicked against the pavement as she made a quick couple of steps toward a dark figure in the distance. "U...Um, sir, excuse me?" she called out, her voice ringing sweet, her accent an odd yet fitting mix of English and French. "You would not happen to know the direction I would have to head in, in order to reach Main Street, would you?" She titled her head slightly as she waited for a response from the figure, who was slowly taking form as he stepped out of the shadows. He was tall, much taller then her and incredibly lanky. "S...Sir?" she said again, her voice a bit more meek, the wings under her jacket twitching a bit. They did not quite enjoying being restricted at this point, making it literally impossible to fly away if this were to get bad. Her face dropped as the strange man shot a hand forward, grabbing her arm.

"What is a pretty lady like you doing lost on this side of town.?" He asked in a low, almost sickening tone as he got close to the young blonde's face. Eloise's face contorted in disgust as she attempted to pull her arm away, his breath reeked of booze and cigarettes. Her right hand released the grocery bag as his grip tightened on her wrist, pulling her small frame closer to himself. She broke eye contact, looking to the ground before glancing back up and attempting to sound assertive. "I would really appreciate it if you would let go of my wrist!" she said, her voice still meek with only the slightest hint of bravery as it broke and shook.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Sky continued walking for a while, examining the various buildings around her, still trying to shake the overbearing negativity that filled her mind. She needed to focus, and find some place to stay for the time being. Brushing past passer-bys and ignoring the dozen or so people soliciting money from her, she took a deep breath of the dingy, smelly air that permeated the town. She barely noticed, having grown used to the smell over time. She almost didn't notice the scene playing out across the street from her; a rich-looking young girl being assaulted by an older man who was clearly not related to her in any way.

When Sky turned her head to look across the way at one of the old apartment buildings she used to stay at, she noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and looked further to the left, spotting the man grabbing Eloise by the arm. The first thing that caught Sky's attention was the fact that she recognized the man, and had actually stayed at his place for about half a week a couple years back. She made a bit of a face at him, remembering he wasn't the most gentlemanly individual. The word pig came to mind, actually. Then Sky noticed the well-to-do Eloise struggling against his grip, and the cloud above her head grew darker, the rain falling down on her more fiercely, whipping against her hoodie hard. Without hesitating, she immediately crossed the street, walking with a strong sense of purpose, and approached the man from behind.

"Hey, dick!" She shouted - the man's name was, in fact, Richard, but she wasn't using a nickname. The tone in her face was less than friendly as she barked at the man, grabbing a handful of the hairs on the back of the man's head and yanking back on them hard enough to make the man let go of Eloise. Stepping aside, Sky kicked the man's legs out from underneath him, reluctantly catching the man with a small white cloud that she had produced from her sleeve so that he wouldn't crack his head open on the sidewalk, before immediately dispersing the cloud so she wouldn't be caught using her quirk in public. Glaring down at the man, she raised her foot and stamped down inbetween his legs, intentionally missing the poor guy's crotch and striking the ground instead, close enough for him to feel her heel brush against his pants. "You wanna back off now, before I decide you don't need to be having kids. Perv..." She spoke with an intense tone, her eyes leveled unblinking at his.

As the man stood to bolt away from Sky, who had bruised his family jewels fairly badly last time she confronted him for his lecherous ways, Sky turned her attention to Eloise. Kneeling before her, Sky began picking the girl's groceries off the ground, her eyes focused downwards as she addressed the girl, "You alright?" She asked somewhat distantly, standing up once more and holding out the bag of groceries to Eloise, looking her in the eyes and waiting for some response.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise whimpered softly, her voice wavered as she demanded that the strange man let her go. "Oh come on now, Why would I let you go?" The strange man practically cooed through a drunken slur. "you are just so adorable, I would love to eat you all up. Rich too, you don't see this quality of clothes around these parts of town." He lifted her arm abover her head and looked her up and down almost as if to appraise her. She started to struggle harder, her small frame wiggling and trying to gain enough force to snatch her arm back away. "Please let go?" She muttered a bit more desperately this time. She was about to lose all hope of leaving this situation unscathed until she heard a sharp tone from behind the man before he let her go and fell back to the ground, causing Eloise to fall backward and onto her behind.

The small blonde stared silently for a moment before standing and glancing down at her pale wrist as a subtle bruise began to form."I...I think I am alright, thank you," she mumbled softly, starting to rub at the mark. "I went out shopping and got a bit turned around, I am not used to being out on my own quite yet and my driver stayed behind at the estate, maybe he would have been a good choice to bring along on this journey." She looked up, giving a gentle smile to Sky. "I am very grateful you were here, who knows what could have happened if you were not." She started to straighten out her dress, pushing out the wrinkles with the palms of her hands before adjusting her coat and holding out her opposite hand for Sky to shake, not wanting too much concern for her sore wrist. "My name is Eloise by the way." She said in a slightly more cheery tone, "and you?" She was attempting to be as nice and polite as she could with a stranger in the middle of nowhere, especially after the events that had just occurred, but she didn't seem to be paying very close attention as she failed to notice Sky trying to hand over her groceries.

After the introduction, Eloise took another look around at her surroundings. Yup, definitely lost. Absolutely none of this was familiar to her, which was a bit terrifying. She turned her blue eyes back on sky, almost forcing eye contact. "You wouldn't mind helping me back to my apartment would you?" She said in a soft, nervous tone. The young girl tilted her head, a lock of the soft blond hair falling off her shoulder. "If it helps to compensate, I could always invite you in for tea." She urged, her eyes widening a bit in desperation for someone to walk with and make it back safe.
Edited by NyxieKitten, Mar 13 2018, 06:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Sky was perceptive enough to notice as Eloise began to rub her wrist. She glared back over her shoulder to be sure that the man was still running, and hadn't simply made a tactical retreat. He was. She looked back at Eloise again, smiling at her. Sky's expression melted back down from fury to an odd mix of concern and apparent depression, her eyes sullen and down-cast, but still focused on Eloise to make sure she was okay. "Glad to hear you're okay, I guess." She said, deliberately trying to sound disinterested, and failing at doing so. When Eloise continued to explain her situation, Sky's eye twitched a bit. She couldn't believe the gall of this girl to come to this area dressed like this with nobody to keep her safe, and the practical idiocy of doing so if one had any other option.

Shaking her head and sighing, a smile somehow still present on Sky's face, she would say, "Seriously? Come on, you can't be that dumb... You came here alone, on purpose? There are other places you can shop, y'know, and that guy is hardly the worst thing you could have encountered around here." Sky's voice had a tone of agitation, almost anger, but the edge was taken off by the concern that it held. "You could have wound up dead, or in some crack house!" Sky shrugged, remembering that she was supposed to be acting uncaring and nonchalant. "Just... Whatever, what do I care anyway? You're lucky I did anything at all."

Sky shrugged again as Eloise introduced herself, acting like she didn't care what the girl's name was. In truth, she actually sort of didn't care. She cared enough to make sure the girl was okay, but past that, she had no idea who this girl was. She could be a terrible, evil person simply hiding beneath the sweet and innocent exterior. Even if that weren't the case, Sky had no reason to think that she would even ever see Eloise again, so names barely mattered. Still, she wasn't quite rude enough not to at least give her name in return. "Yeah, cool, okay. I'm Sky. Now, would you please take your bag back, miss?" Sky said, her smile now faded away, her face now returning to its previous melancholic state. She shook the bag of groceries to indicate what she meant, raising her eyebrows impatiently. The little raincloud above her head seemed to calm back down to a gray drizzle.

Watching Eloise look around in confusion made Sky realize that the girl must be lost, which almost annoyed her even more. She didn't even know the area, and she was still coming here by herself this close to night time! The irresponsibility of it drove her crazy. "Ohhh my god... Ok, fine. I'll take you to wherever it is you live, but you gotta listen to me, alright? DON'T WANDER AROUND ALONE IN STRANGE NEIGHBORHOODS AT DUSK. You got it?!" She spoke harshly, but her intentions were good. She wanted to make sure that the girl would remember this lesson, rather than glossing over it and expecting to be saved again next time. "Anyway, yeah... That'd be nice, I guess. I'll probably get your floor pretty wet, though..." Sky said, pointing up at the raincloud above her head. "It kinda always does that. I can't help it."
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise seemed a bit taken aback by Sky's comment about having not brought someone with her to this side of town. "I...Well, I don't really HAVE anyone currently." she muttered shyly. "I um...well, long story short I moved to the city very recently and left most of my staff behind, so no chofer.....for awhile at least." She giggled nervously, bringing back her hand from the failed handshake, making sure to pick up the back in its retreat, noticing the rustle of the plastic as sky annoyedly shook it alongside a comment about taking it back. "You know, Sky is a very pretty name." Eloise commented, attempting to break the tension in the air, it was very thick and uncomfortable, a feeling she only ever felt among some of the elitists at gatherings her father would bring her along to.

She nodded slightly as the stranger spoke to her, she knew full well what COULD have happened to her, well besides that fact that she had no clue what a crack house would even be, she was sure she at least understood that it wasn't anything good. Eloise gave a soft, calm smile as Sky spoke. "I am very grateful for what you did." she said gently, "please do not think I am anything other than grateful that I am NOT in those situations, because of you."

The girl twinged a bit at the harshness of Sky's reply to her asking for help getting home. "I am very sorry, I do not know this area very well at all, I took a wrong turn on the way back. she looked at her feet, kicking the pavement lightly with the tip of her shoe, slightly scuffing up the shiny finish. "I wasn't TRYING to come here alone, though I will admit it was stupid not to pull up the GPS, I just kind of figured it would be easy to get back without it." She kept her gaze down at her feet, seeming guilty, as she knew what she did was stupid, she had just hoped it would not be so blatantly pointed out. "well...um, anyways. she said a bit louder, her gaze coming up again. "I live on Maine Street, in the Château Dubois." THe french in her accent seemed to thicken as she mentioned the name of the large apartment complex in the higher end of town, making it sound fancier than it already did. Eloise giggled a bit as she glanced up at the cloud above the other female's head, doing her best not to seem like it was to be rude in any way. "Oh, I am sure we can manage with that, even if I cannot figure something out, the floors are all hardwood, I can always have it mopped up."
Edited by NyxieKitten, Mar 15 2018, 03:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Sky couldn't help but feel a little bad for Eloise. She actually found the girl a bit charming, but she didn't want to take this sort of situation lightly. She had always endeavored to be as responsible as possible, so she oft took it upon herself to do whatever she could to help others. That didn't always mean being nice, though. The cloud above Sky's head lightened a bit, though, at the comment about Sky's name being pretty. Sky liked that, and decided to lighten up a little bit.

"Well... I guess as long as you're alright, I don't have to keep nagging you about it. Everything turned out fine, yeah? Just... Be more careful. Being out on your own, it aint as easy as it sounds. Probably even harder for someone like you." Sky said, ignoring how rude she might have sounded by saying 'someone like you'. She didn't really care if it came across as rude, it was still the truth, and there really wasn't getting around it as far as she was concerned. "Anyway, you said Maine Street? I.. I mean, that's a bit of a walk from here. How did you wind up so lost?" Sky asked rhetorically. Shrugging, she turned around and started walking in the same direction she had been earlier, gesturing with one hand for Eloise to follow her, the chains on her pants clinking softly, the light drizzle falling upon sky turning to more of a misting as she grew more focused on where she was going and less focused on all the negativity inside her head.

"Come on, it's this way." Sky said, not checking to make sure Eloise was following. She figured the girl would be close in tow, she seemed pretty scared after all. "Anyway, why did you even move out here in the first place? No offense, but you look way too young to be living on your own." Sky realized that she may be a bit of a hypocrite by saying that, but she shrugged that thought away, rationalizing that her situation was probably more than a bit different from Eloise's. At least, she hoped that it was different. As she walked, her hips began to sway, her feet crossing past one another in an almost catwalk-like fashion, almost as if she was trying to show off her hips for the girl following her, though Sky didn't even actually realize she was doing this. It was just a way she walked when she was starting to feel a little less down on herself, though it would be wrong of her to say that she wasn't at least mildly attracted to the younger, much wealthier girl.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise gave a soft pout at the,'someone like you' comment, but didn't say much in defense of herself as, as she knew Sky was right, even if it sucked. she gave a slight nod as Sky turned, getting ready to lead her back to the main part of downtown. "Yes, Maine street." she confirmed with a soft reply, "the building is between Larchmont and Newman." With how well she knew the main area of the city she supposed it must have been pretty ridiculous to get lost, in fact, she wasn't so sure she should even be trusting herself to cook her own food at that rate. She looked down at the plastic grocery bags in her hand, she had gotten a couple of her favorite foods and this encounter and the comments on her incompetence started to intimidate Eloise. The young girl started wondering if the new acquaintance might enjoy something more simple like a cold cut sandwich as opposed to the couple meals she had in her bag with no idea how to properly prepare.

The blonde's shoes clicked in a hurried fashion as they hit the pavement, trying to keep up with Sky's pace. Why was she so fast, would walking in such a rush not hurt her feet? Eloise looked down slightly, a bit shocked that Sky just had on some simple beat up tennis shoes, and what seemed to be no socks, as compared to her polished, chunky heels. Now that she REALLY looked, Sky didn't seem to be wearing anything of particular interest or design and was quite skinny, maybe inviting her for food was a good thing?Was the other girl homeless, was it rude to ask such questions? Eloise had never really interacted with any classes lower than the occasional upper-middle class businessperson. She kept pretty close to sky despite the fast pace.Eloise began to smile softly as she noticed Sky's attitude perk up a bit, watching the other female as she walked away with lithe accenting every movement of her body, was she doing it on purpose?

Eloise's clicking steps made an abrupt stop when she was asked about her living situation. She stood in place, staring at sky who continued to walk for a moment. "I....welll um, I decided it was....best, to leave my current living situation." SHe spoke carefully despite her voice breaking ever so slightly as she attempted to make the situation seem less urgent and more as if she was just a rebellious teen doing as she pleased for the moment. I was not all too happy at home recently and...." She paused, biting down hard on her lip before looking off to the side of the road, fixing her vision on a patch of unkempt grass as her fingers fumbled around with the handles of the plastic bags. "I do plan on going back home eventually but....there is something I have to do first." Her chin seemed to quiver a bit. Eloise's voice had gone soft, just barely audible.
Edited by NyxieKitten, Mar 14 2018, 05:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Sky continued to walk a few steps, even after hearing Eloise's own footsteps stop. She had intended to keep walking, forcing the young rich girl to keep pace, but something about the girl's voice as she explained why she was living on her own made Sky stop. She kept her back turned to Eloise, regardless, listening to the girl's words. Sky wanted to be sure that she heard everything the girl had to say; she wasn't one to ask questions too carelessly, and she certainly wasn't the type not to listen when someone was answering her. Sky grew suspicious when Eloise said that she just 'decided' that it was best to leave. Most kids wouldn't get away with something like that, not without being looked for, and she would certainly be found if her family was as rich as it was. Doubly so for the fact that she was staying in an apartment complex or hotel, or whatever it was. It was Eloise's next statement that really caught Sky's attention. Not happy? Suddenly, Sky turned on her heel, facing the street and turning her head to look at Eloise, Sky's brow stormy and her cloud equally so.

"You weren't happy, you decided it was best for you to leave? Tell me Eloise... Were you being hurt? Did somebody try to force you to do something?" Sky spoke quietly, with a deadly calm, but the cloud and her face worked together to show the truth about her state of mind. The way she spoke, and how quickly she came to the conclusion that she did, seemed to imply that Sky had a personal stake in this question, and may have even experienced what she was talking about, herself. Sky waited, staring at Eloise severely, in a way that seemed to convey a level of impatience. Her anger towards her own father and several of the other people she had lived with during her lifetime starting to shine through in the form of metaphorical daggers in her eyes, as she awaited Eloise's response.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise blinked, wide-eyed as he stared at Sky. "H...hurt?" she asked softly, "no.....nooneatthe Estate would ever dare....." The young girl seemed shocked that that was even a question, was that a real issue away from home? Where other people seriously being hurt in their own homes? She searched Sky's eyes as if it would get her any sort of answer as to why she was just asked such a question. she bit her lip, starting to feel the air thicken with the awkwardness of their conversation. Eloise moved her gaze upward, looking for something to distract the conversation. "Hey look" she pointed up and past sky, to a very tall high rise building, hoping they could just keep moving. "That is the building!" she said with forced excitement, grabbing Sky's hand and beginning to pull her forward, her pace quicker than before. "It is getting chilly out, so when we get to the apartment we can have some hot tea and food and start up the fireplace." At this point the young female was just talking to talk, saying anything and everything that did not involve the death of her father or how she left the estate on a whim of depression.

As the pair walked the streets began to get brighter and more welcoming. There were still people walking the streets, coming in and out of shops and the buildings became more and more extravagant and put together, with sparkling windows and little patches of grass and flowers scattered here and there. Eloise did not let go of Sky's hand at any point, still dragging her toward the building, hoping she had distracted her enough by now and the topic would not come up again while they were inside. She came to a stop in front of a building, looking up to the name. "THis is it~" she practically cooed, "I made it back, just in time too, the temperature is dropping fairly quickly, the heat will be nice yes?" She turned to Sky with a slight smile, before loosening the grip on her hand. "Follow me." Eloise made her way up the steps to the building, a doorman already opening the door as she approached, giving her a gentle smile accompanied by a nod. "Good evening Lady Dubois, I take it shopping went well then?" his gaze shifted to Sky, his smile remaining as he stepped back again, welcoming her in. "I take it you are a friend of our Eloise?"

Eloise stood in the grand lobby, her hands behind her back, still holding onto her grocery bags. " she helped me home when I got a little turned around.."she said with a slight smile, leaving out the part where she nearly got dragged off and maybe more by some strange man, she would not want to lose her freedom to come and go alone, as she pleased over this after all.
Edited by NyxieKitten, Mar 15 2018, 03:56 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Hearing Eloise say that nobody at her estate would dare do something like that to her, and the confusion in her voice when she repeated the word 'hurt', did enough to calm Sky down and bring her back to reality for the cloud above her head to return to a thick, smoky gray. The rain was still pouring down on her, as she had worked herself up into a depression by remembering the things that had happened in her own life, but deciding not to wallow in self-pity she went along with Eloise changing the subject. She let the girl grab her by the hand and pull her, but quickly picked up her own pace to walk side by side with Eloise, rather than slightly behind. Interestingly, she chose to go out of her way and switch sides so that she was on the street side of Eloise, but her reason for doing so wasn't entirely clear. "Yeah, I... I guess that sounds cool." She said, speaking in a bit of a sombre tone, but loud enough to be heard easily over the two girls' footsteps and the rain falling down on Sky's head. Now that Eloise was this close to Sky, she would be able to feel the rain falling upon her as well, at least for however long she continued to hold Sky's hand. The rain itself was surprisingly ice-cold, another way the little cloud liked to remind Sky of how low she was already feeling.

Contemplating her rapid mood swings, and wondering if she should see a psychiatrist about them, Sky almost seemed to zone out for a moment, before returning to reality as Eloise declared that they had arrived. Looking up at the impressive building, Sky almost started to feel a bit of excitement. The place looked incredibly fancy from the outside, and she could only begin to wonder what it was like on the inside. The rooms must be like some entire houses she'd lived in, she thought childishly. "Wow, you live here? I mean, I guess it's not that surprising, but... Still." Sky punctuated her statement with a soft whistle following Eloise into the building quickly, her personal raincloud relenting to a simple mist. If Eloise was still holding onto Sky, the mist itself would feel much warmer than the rain before it, though still fairly chilled. The doorman was something that Sky had never experienced before, but she had seen them in movies and cartoons growing up. She gave a small, polite nod to the man.

"I, uh..." Sky began, stopping when she realized that she didn't really know what to say next. She wasn't sure what made her hesitate, but she felt relieved when Eloise explained how they knew eachother. Sky understood soon after that she had frozen because she, herself, couldn't honestly believe that she was walking with someone of such an obviously higher class than herself, and she felt like anything she said would have sounded like a lie. When the doorman simply accepted Eloise's reply, though, Sky couldn't help but feel silly, even managing to blush very faintly. When the two were a little farther into the building, the surprise of seeing a doorman in person wore off enough for something to dawn on Sky. She had seen the name of the building outside, and then heard the man call Eloise 'miss Dubois', and just now the correlation had finally clicked in her head. As the two entered the elevator to head up to Eloise's room, Sky looked over at her with wide eyes, the little cloud over her head suddenly going dry, no longer raining down upon Sky's head. "You... You..." She tried to say something, but couldn't quite figure out the words. When the elevator doors finally closed, Sky blurted out, "You own this place?! No wonder you're dressed so fancy!" She said, but soon her tone changed to a more that of a more scolding nature, "Hold on, what are you thinking going shopping on your own? Or at all, for that matter! Can't you have someone deliver food to your door, or something?!"
Edited by Cocoanut, Mar 15 2018, 04:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise gave a bashful smile, averting her eyes as she swiped a card, causing an elevator off to the side to open up before walking over. SHe waiting for SKy to get in before pressing the one round button on the control panel, causing the elevator to start upwards. "well, you could say I own the place, It technically belongs to me currently, though the staff does budgeting and such, the numbers tend to confuse me." Since her Father had passed, Eloise had not been able to find out how to make things work smoothly or even check her own work, relying on the staff from whatever place she was staying at, at the time to help her. She looked up slightly as she was questioned about her reasoning for going out alone. "I...kind off wanted to try it on my own, I am trying to be a bit more independent." She had always been sheltered and did not know much at all of the skills that a normal, middle-class individual might have such as shopping, bills or cooking big meals, though that may have just been her age and lack of education in the fields preventing this. "Besides, though I CAN get food delivered, I wanted to get out of the apartment, it gets pretty stuffy and boring after awhile."

The elevator door opened after reaching the fifty-fifth floor, revealing a very large, open concept apartment. Visible from the elevator was a large living and dining room and a kitchen, containing a breakfast bar that opened it up to the main dining area. The walls were made completely of one-way glass, the view going straight down to the city below, the sun was completely set now, making it easy to see reflections of the inside against the glass. There was a spiral staircase leading up to a second floor with a small walkway, 4 more doors being visible from down here, over the glass railing, presumably to bedrooms. Eloise stepped forward, putting her keys down on a small, round table by the door, also containing what looked to be an intercom and a picture of a very young Eloise on her father's shoulders. She paused for a moment, her gaze lingering on the picture before she moved to the kitchen, starting to empty her bags. "So umm...I do not have too much, but if you'd like we could use the lunch meat to make sandwiches to eat with the tea, I also have hot chocolate if you would prefer." Under the breakfast bar there where open shelves containing a couple hard liquors, obviously not belonging to the underage female as they were covered in a layer of dust as if they had not been touched in over a year.

Eloise began pulling out ingredients for sandwiches, lining them out on the marble counter. There was a variety of meats and cheeses along with lettuce and a couple condiments. "feel free to make whatever you like, I have plenty and I am not sure all of it will be gone before expiration if it's just me eating it, I overestimated a little when I packed food to bring along."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Sky wasn't entirely convinced by the reason that Eloise had given for going out on her own, but she chose not to press the issue any further for now. When the elevator door opened, and Sky could finally see what she had been waiting for since entering the building, she was rendered speechless. Her mouth hung open slightly, and her eyes were wide as she stared at the massive penthouse, stepping in slowly and looking around in wonder. She'd never been in a place so nice before in her entire life, even for a moment. Of course, that wasn't saying much, but still. "You can't be serious... You live here? Alone?" Sky asked incredulously, turning to stare at Eloise once more, clearly more than a little impressed. The rain had stopped for the time being, Sky's cloud being only a feint, whispy gray at this point, verging on white.

Noticing the liquor underneath the breakfast bar, Sky quickly looked away. She'd partaken in certain things she should not have fairly frequently in private, such as alchohol, and she rather enjoyed it, but she didn't want to look like too much of a delinquent in front of Eloise. Besides, with how dusty they were, the bottles must either not have been Eloise's, or Eloise had no interest in drinking them anyway. "Oh, yeah... Actually, sandwiches sound great." Sky said, the first hint of a legitimate smile touching the corners of her lips as she spoke. Her mood was already being brightened by the luxury of the home she stood in, and by the privacy that it afforded. So far away from all the BS that the world had to offer, with a girl that seemed genuinely kind and innocent. It was like a dream to Sky, who had lived in a veritable slum compared to this abode for over half a decade. She followed Eloise almost like a puppy, despite her previous commanding attitude, as she moved towards the large marble counter.

"Wait, please don't tell me you went through all of that for some fresh air and sandwiches?" Sky asked, looking sidelong at Eloise, still smiling softly. "You do know how to cook, right?" She followed, looking down at the selection of sandwich materials that lay before her. Without waiting for an answer, she deftly constructed a simple sandwich out of bologna, lettuce, mayo and mustard, with a slice of american cheese. It didn't look very good, or taste exceptional, but Sky was used to eating that sort of thing these days. Actually, she usually only got to eat the bologna, on bread if she was lucky, and with mustard if she'd managed to steal some from a fast food place. "You know, this place is really great Eloise. You've really got it goin' on. I'm lucky to sleep with an actual roof over my head some nights." Sky said, before realizing that homelessness was usually looked down upon by high society. She froze, eyes fixed on Eloise, wondering what she would say, hoping the girl wouldn't suddenly find her disgusting like many other people may have.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NyxieKitten

Eloise seemed unfazed by the line of questioning, already being used to the general surprise. While she had never had friends of her own, though they where a bit more wealthy than even some of her father's acquaintances, typically coming with many questions. The young blonde made a slight smile "yes, I live alone, but the staff takes good care of me and I get checked up on at least once a day, as you even the doorman knew where I was, and if I had not come home on time someone would have been looking for me very soon, so its not AS dangerous as I seems" She moved along the counter herself, making a bit larger of a sandwich, using salami, turkey, and provalone with lettace, mayonayse, and mustard. Eloise found her way to the black sectinal couch in the living room area, slipping off her heels and bringing her knees to her chest, turning on the television before taking the first bite of her sandwich. The young girl looked at Sky, "you can come sit down. she said with a welcoming smile, patting the cushion beside her.

Eloise bit her lip, looking down with embarrassment when she was asked if she could cook. "A...actually, I am not quite sure how to cook what I got." She admitted, seeming a bit ashamed. "I am determined to learn eventually though, I mean...if you know anythign at all, anything would be appreciated on that front."She seemed a bit shocked at Aky's comment about being lucky to sleep with a roof over her head. "oh...I didn't even know" she whispered softly before looking up. SHe HAD taken not of Sky's weight and attire but wasn't just going to ASK if she was homeless, guess he got her answer without having too. "You know...I have three spare bedrooms here, you could stay in one if you would like.." She tilted her head slightly. "you could even borrow some clothes and wash your own if you would like."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cocoanut

Sky waited nervously for Eloise's reaction, ready to take her sandwich and bolt if she needed to do so. If worse came to worse, she could even hop out an open window and glide her way down on a cloud. Thankfully, it didn't come to that; in fact Eloise seemed even more welcoming than before. Sky wasn't used to interacting with someone as kind as Eloise, so she didn't really believe it at first. She thought that perhaps Eloise was simply offering as a polite gesture, but Sky quickly corrected herself. Eloise was probably lonely in a big, open place like this by herself. Eloise had also already shown that she was kind and innocent, pure of heart. Sky had no reason to doubt that her offer was not genuine.

"I... I don't know, that... I mean, you really shouldn't just offer people you just met a room at your place." Sky said, still trying to impart some wisdom and caution to Eloise. Still, she was sure that Eloise already knew this, and had simply judged Sky to be trustworthy. Sky just felt awkward accepting such a thing, especially since she couldn't pay Eloise back. "I don't want to stay here, even for one night. Not for free, anyway." She said finally. She was genuinely happy to be accepted at Eloise's place, but the dark part of her mind began growing suspicious of Eloise's intentions. Maybe she was some sort of psychopathic serial killer, waiting for her chance to strike? But if that were the case, she likely wouldn't have been in all that much trouble when faced with a strange man trying to grab her. Not to mention, Eloise's youth was certainly pushing Sky to trust her for now.

Sky walked over to the couch, sitting down and devouring her sandwich in only a few bites, just as she had done to the one she ate not long ago. She hadn't eaten in a few days, so the food was welcome. "I know, I can pay you back!" Sky said, suddenly realizing how she could be of some use to Eloise in return for a roof over her head. "I'll teach you how to cook, my dad always used to make me cook for him so I know a few things. And I can help you get better at defending yourself, too, so you won't need to be saved next time. How's that sound?" Sky asked. She did still feel awkward about trying to stay at Eloise's place, after just meeting her, and she didn't plan to make her stay overly extended. "I won't stay long if I'm not welcome, but I'm sure I can teach you a few things while I am here." She added, smiling over at Eloise, the cloud over her head suddenly much thinner, wispier, and pure white in color. As she waited for a response, she leaned back on the couch, crossing her legs and eying Eloise hopefully. As awkward as she felt about the situation, she still needed to find a place to stay, at least for the night.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · England · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Sister Sites

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Vote for My Hero Academia RP at Top Site List Planet My Hero Academia RP

Affiliates

Bleach Platinum Hearts BROKEN CHAINS Ninpocho Affilate
"Deep Waters" theme created by HawkBlade124 of the Zetaboards Resource Zone.