Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

-WISH Broadcasting Network!
|| Current Year & Season: Winter of 426 || Based on Eyewitness accounts and the absolute state of denial the Freedom Pirates find themselves in, they have now confirmed that Lucy, after a years' investigation, died of her terminal condition. Information was gained by WISH's Chief of Staff of the CDC, Mr. Beckman. || Abyssal has decided to hang up her cape after the news of Lucy's death and entrusts her lineage to a hopeful young one, Sub-Zero. Reporters asked a few newer members about Abyssal's retirement and they gave mixed responses.|| “I ain’t going back to Elysium for no damn reward. Fuckers insane.” - Newest Vitality Member, Big Smoke. No extra information was given to explain his ranting. ||

Affiliate Box By Invisionation
Welcome to My Hero Academia RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

If you are seeking help, come into our Discord! https://discord.gg/CrJPdtj

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
Risky Chancellors; 72 hour poating rounds; Graded
Topic Started: Jan 28 2018, 06:15 PM (1,516 Views)
FritzingHell
Member Avatar

This was an absolute first. Honestly, it would have never come to this if not for just a metric ton of coincidences falling right into a one Maze Fulbright's lap. He already had a high enough standing in WISH's eyes to begin with, since he signed on in the development and running of the Stone Chameleon Prison. Then, due to his life experiences and strength, he was brought on board as a part of a super secret security council for WISH. Then WISH, once again, dug around his background profile and relearned about Maze's minimal experience with politics due to his late father's profession.

With that knowledge in their hands, Maze's great track record and history, and the fact that the British Government was in utter chaos after losing pretty much all of their failsafe leaders in that African terrorism attack; WISH pulled one of the craziest political moves to date... Which was making the gargantuan Warden into the Prime Minister of England, a move so out of left field that the man himself almost have a heart attack. But that wasn't all, as now he was tasked to find a good chancellor who would act on his behalf for when Maze himself was busy. There was only a small problem...

Aside from people involved with the prison development, Maze didn't have any close allies to depend on for such an important role. Which was why there were emergency interviews held for the entirety of a whole week, where Maze himself interviewed massive amounts of people who have applied. Countless came in for their chance, and currently not a single one had passed Maze's own standards, or left a good impression on him. And today... today was the deadline he was given to find a right hand man-or-woman.

And because of this deadline, Maze pulled a risky move since this was going to be the last batch he could attempt to hire. His big plan was for one large, mass interview. He could get through multiple people at once, and get through to better people sooner rather than later. Though, the first two waves of the mass interviews failed, meaning that our the final three waves, he had to make a decision....

Sitting in a rather lavish room, laden with the portrairs of the previous prime ministers, Maze could only wait patiently and admire this room's decor. At the far end of the room was a large mahogany desk, where a certain suit wearing Warden sat. He was currently wearing a green pinstripe suit that only had the top two buttons left unbuttoned. His usual hair was pulled back into a deadlock ponytail, since that made him look more professional. He was even wearing a pair of black, rounded-rectangle frame glasses. There was no lens in them as the Warden had perfect vision, it was just recommended he wear them in order to look more friendly and approachable. And as always, he wore that bright, giant smile of his, as he faced a row of ten chairs sat side by side for the people coming in for interviews.

Hopefully the noon interviews actually produced decent candidates.

Inside of this building's lobbysat a Deer X-form, who only had the job qualifications for being just a mere secretary. But it was a job he held with pride, as it was only the first step in rising to political fame and fortune, since everyone had to start somewhere. He was hired by Maze during interviews, not as a chancellor but as a secretary since even the Stone Chameleon Warden saw some potential within this deer man. The name of this fancy looking deer?...

Vincent Nightingale

Sitting at his desk, Mr. Nightingale was tasked to give everyone who arrived for the noon interviews were given the same initial prompt that were to answer when they first initially greet the Prime Minister.

When someone entered through the lobby, Mr. Nightingale stood up and told them with utter confidence, pride, and joy, Good afternoon. My name is Vincent Nightingale, and it's a pleasure to meet you! I assume you are here for the Chancellor interviews, yes?

He awaited their answer, and if the visitors did say yes, he continued, Faaaantastic! Now, you can either take the elevator or the stairs to the second floor, go down the hallway, take the second left, and at the end of the hallway will be Mr. Fulbright's office. Upon entering the room, you will give your name, current occupation, and the qualifications you have that you believe set you apart from the rest. Please do as instructed, and good luck with your interviews!"

Waving them off, Nightingale could only smirk and bow to them all, as he felt something from one of these candidates. The young deer man was filled with utmost confidence that some one during this batch of interviews has what it takes to become the next chancellor!

Important OOC notes.
Edited by FritzingHell, Jan 28 2018, 06:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlenderMutt
Member Avatar
King of Free-form
Aido would make the most out of this little trip to England, even if this interview fell through she had a few other contacts to catch up with since graduating from medical school. It had been years since she was last in Europe, back then she was just a student struggling to make a place for herself in a world of far too many prejudices. The chameleon girl herself had little actual political experience, though she was more than active in regards to keeping abreast of the political climate of the world. Her experience more often was found on the other side of the police line. She had been a rather outspoken protester in her youth, enough to earn her a rather ugly reputation back home, but to her knowledge her criminal record was mostly clean, what few smudges could be explained away as coincidence of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or justified as the passionate choices of a naive youth.

As she entered the rather lavish building, trying not to gawk at the architecture and history it must hold, she approached the Deer who sat in the lobby. She was comforted by this sight, seeing another X-Form working in this office gave her a little more hope when it came to being considered for the job. She just hoped his role here wasn’t to be the token member of a minority chosen to fill a quota. She nodded at his greeting, and in a voice of practiced English, but with an unmistakable splash of African dialect, she responded, “A pleasure to meet you as well Mista’ Nightingale. Yes, I am here for…” Before she could even continue to make small talk she was cut off by his enthusiasm, receiving directions and a base structure of what was expected to be provided. Opting to take the stairs, she used the quiet walk to his office to straighten her own pantsuit and adjust her hair. Aido was never one for vanity, but she knew the importance of image when it came to first impressions. She had opted away from a cute business skirt due to her rather limited feminine features, her flat chest and lanky figure in such an attire made her seem young, and she didn’t want to be perceived as some weak little girl. As she arrived at the end of the described hallway, she took a last moment to prepare herself before knocking and entering.

To say Prime Minister Fullbright was intimidating would be a harsh understatement that did not convey the full truth. Despite the rather sizable office, Maze’s presence was barely contained in the room. It took her a moment to remember her instructions, as she cleared her throat and gathered her composure and stepped forward to submit her resume and several letters of recommendation from her colleges and professors. “Hello Sir… I’m Dr. Aido Hwedo, I am currently employed as an emergency technician and ER surgeon in South Africa.” Facts were the easy part, now came the hard part of selling herself. ”I’m here because… I have a passion for equality. I may not have lived in this county for long, but while I was a medical student here I became aware of several toxic prejudices that exist in modern society. I feel that by fulfilling a role such as this, I can prove to be an inspiration to the next generation, that the quirk you are born with does not determine how you must live your life. No one is born a villain or a monster. I became a doctor to save lives endangered by violence, I hope to prevent such violence with my work here.” She cleared her throat again and continued “You will find I’m a very thorough worker, graduated top in my class and have received ample praise from both my instructors and previous employers.” Aido was not vain or by any means self-absorbed, but she did have a confidence in her work and her results. She wasn’t bragging when it came to this conversation, she was just speaking the truth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CrabSage
Member Avatar
ABS Master Memesmith
Today was the big day. So far she had only applied for small-time jobs, but this was a big step up. Being unemployed allowed the woman to keep up to date on the news most of the time. This was her chance to secure a job that her parents would be proud of. She even made sure to dress up in the nicest business attire she had just for big interviews. It wasn't often Sophie dressed up in a full suit, but it was nice to feel extra fancy. The black suit and pants were only contrasted by the white shirt underneath and the redhead's naturally pale skin.

Sophie took a deep breath before entering the building. Most of her interviews had been for small shops or chain franchises, she really wasn't sure what to expect when applying for political office. She wouldn't let the lack of knowledge stop her though. Walking inside she couldn't help herself but from letting a soft "Oooh" out at the architecture. Her attention jumped from the surroundings to the man at the front desk of the lobby when she remembered this was a very serious position. The greeting from the secretary caught Sophie's attention almost as much as the well-kept horns the man had, but she tried her best to not stare. "Nice to meet you, Vincent. And yep, that's right."

After the directions were given Sophie took off, waving back at the deerman. With her options between stairs and a life, Sophie took the stairs. The other option was just so boring. She didn't mind her hair getting a little frazzled since once on the second floor she redid her ponytail. Following the directions took her to the correct door, but Sophie stopped herself. Her heart was nearly beating out of her chest just standing there. She could use that! With a smile and body barely keeping still the short opened the door.

Walking into the office, Sophie was ready to give it her all. Then she noticed there was someone else in the room beside the Prime Minister. The woman's gaze lingered on the scaley person before turning back to the man she was here to see. How many people were going to be in this room by the end of the time for interviews? The Prime Minister being over a foot taller didn't bother Sophie, she was used to it. With only one breath in her lungs, she began to speak. "Top of the morning to you Sir. I'm Sophie Summers, currently unemployed. I don't know how many people can say it, but I was born and raised in Northern Ireland and have been living in England for a few months now. Haven't really left the UK except for a field trip back in high school I think. That just means I only have our country to focus on. I like to also think I'm a quick learner! I taught myself to cook, play the clarinet, and even drive. Employment has been kinda tricky for me, but that just means I've worked with people from most walks of life."

With her small speech over, Sophie started to breathe heavily. Her mind was so focusing on saying everything she forgot to take a break for air. Once she wasn't out of air she stood back up fully with a thumbs up. So long as she kept a positive attitude even losing wouldn't bother her. That in mind, she was really hoping there weren't too many more questions. Without a college education, it was likely the other people showing up would be able to smoke her on history questions. With a smile still on her face, Sophie took a seat next to the other candidate that had arrived so far. It was only now she realized the row was set up in such a fashion, informing her of how many more people were going to show up.
Online Profile Goto Top

DwagonKitsune
Member Avatar

'This is an absolutely insane idea' Allessandra couldn't help but think as she walked into the parliament building where the interviews she had signed up for were being held. How she'd managed to be accepted when she was an American resident and had lived in the USA for most of her life she had no idea. The Doctor had only applied for the position because why not? She was barely moved by anyone, so knew she could keep a level head in most political situations. And from what she had hear of the warden, he was a very enthusiastic man. Perhaps some coolness would be appreciated.

Yet despite the African justifying her actions, trying to become a Prime Ministers right hand woman was so far off of her list of things to do, that it didn't even make the cut. She didn't want to run a country, which might very well happen if something bad were to happen to the current leader. Advising? She could do that in spades. Leading? Well, who'd want to follow someone who could be as openly bitchy as her?

The cool air of the office enveloped her as the deer x-form, who appeared to be the secretary, got up eagerly to greet the new arrival. 'Nice behaviour, Alley' the female reminded herself as she walked up to the greeter. She was wearing her usual of leather lace-up boots, which made a nice clack against the smooth floor, as well as black dress pants, a simple white blouse, and her black coat draped over one arm. She had walked here, and so only kept the cloth in case she got cold at her destination.

"Yes, I am here for the interview" Allessandra said and listened attentively to the directions given by the man. The stairs held no appeal to her. While she wasn't out of shape, she certainly didn't exercise enough to decide that going up them before an interview was a good idea. The Doctor opted for the elevator. As she blocked out the bland music, she briefly rehearsed what she wanted to say.

After the doors to the lift opened, Alley strode out confidentially. The black woman walked over to the door that she was directed to and opened it. Like the rest of the decor, this room was opulent. That meant that it wasn't to the taste of the Doctor at all. She showed no impressed or awed look, only cool confidence. Her amber eyes slide over to the current women sitting down before they settled on the imposing man who was to give the interview. "My name is Doctor Allessandra Katherine Hawthorne. My current occupation is none, as I left my previous job as a general practitioner to travel and experience what the world had to offer. I studied and practiced medicine in the United States of America. While I was never 'the best', I was always proficient in my work and studies. " Here, the Doctor took a small pause, cat eyes once again drifting over the room before resting once more on the warden, as if he was the most interesting thing here. To the African born woman, he was. "I take pride in my work and what I do. I believe that if one is to do something, even if it is a hobby, they are to complete the task with their utmost best. I will certainly bring that attitude to any job one assigns me."

Her introduction complete, Allessandra sat down roughly in the middle of one of the rows. She seemed at ease in this setting, even somewhat bored. The Doctor rested an elbow against her knee, and rested her head against the hand attached. Her eyes once more took to lazily drifting over the room, taking it all in at her own pace. She found it interesting that they'd all do a mass interview. And that so far, only women had turned up. 'I wonder if he is going for a "type"?' the African wondered with amusement, the passing thought possibly showing on her face.
Online Profile Goto Top

BigGuava
Member Avatar
Honk.
It had been far too long since Brother Umie John had traversed the somber doldrums of England, the country having only been a part of the doctor's earlier travels. While the educated fuzzball had adored the Brits' penchant for exquisite teas and pastries, the gloominess they passed off for "weather" was far from conductive towards the echidna's spiritual journey. One's soul was a product of their environment, and only a fool would attempt to piece their's together by using the depressive materials which surmised the entirety of England.

A plush, pale blue robe was swaddled around Umie, a far cry from his standard, more professional apparel. However at an inch shy of a foot and a half, it was too easy for one to overlook the plump echidna. Since his usual turtlenecks and khakis would cause him to blend in with his surroundings, it was essential to wear something "eye-catching" for a safety precaution. Thankfully, the plush robe usually worked well in this regard. A pair of modest, brown sandals tied the ensemble together, the candidate trying his damnedest not to look out of place whilst wearing footwear with a flowing garment. Hopefully to the average eye, he'd look more "exotic" than he would "unprofessional."

Despite Brother Umie's education, he had yet to shake loathing he had for non X-forms. Although it had dwindled down to a simple distrust, it would be nigh-impossible for the robed orator to shake the innate South African prejudice he possessed. While he was aware that this new Prime Minister was a skin, his usual unease was dampened by the statue-esque appearance of the man. Although his potential employer lacked the superior animalistic genes, a unique appearance would help Brother Umie overlook his genetic transgressions.

The swift tip-tapping of tiny feet could be heard, his wee legs kicking in to overdrive as Umie entered the office. The tiny warrior's robe began to flutter, the loose cloth at the air conditioner's mercy. A swift scan of the lobby would show that he was in familiar company, the little tart finding comfort in the presence of his fellow X-forms. Upon realizing that the exquisitely dressed deer was the Prime Minister's secretary, his opinion on the fellow seemed to soften further. He couldn't harbor too much prejudice for the man, considering Maze was providing employment for his brethren.

"Oho, greetings Brother Nightingale. The pleasure is mutual, and I must compliment such an impeccable taste for suits. Yes, I am here for the interview."

Despite Umie's diminutive stature, his voice bellowed with a commanding bass. Given his small size, such a timbre was necessary to be even remotely noticed. Having fully listened to the secretary's instructions, Umie would hastily make his way towards the elevators. While he was the type of person that would prefer the stairs, his legs simply weren't long enough to allow such a luxury.

It wasn't long before Umie would make his way into Fullbright's office, the echidna lagging slightly behind the others. It was a little bit of challenge for the wee warrior to keep pace, considering the majority of them were over twice his size. The Prime Minister, however, was a complete five times the echidna's size. Despite the gargantuan's mere essence consuming the room, Brother Umie would have to continue as if it were business as usual. He'd wait for the others candidates to introduce themselves, intentionally choosing to be last orator. After placing a neatly typed resume and several letters of recommendations on the enigma's desk, Umie'd allow a deep eloquence to flow from his snout.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Prime Minister. I am Brother Umie John, a proud traveler hailing from South Africa. There is not one continent inhabited that I have not trekked, not one aspect of man that I haven't witnessed. The callouses which clothe my feet sing the gospels of many lives over, steadily recounting the fables I have acquired throughout my travels. As Sister Hwedo would attest, the flames of war kilns a man into coal, chiseled against the innate cruelty of man. There is nothing left he can do to surprise me, sir. I have also acquired two doctorates in two distinct fields of study over the span of six years, but that seems to be the standard for nominees.

It wasn't the first time Brother Umie would have to orate, nor would it be the last. He was calm, collected, and more importantly, trying to find the seat closest to his fellow X-form.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Data_Sora
Member Avatar
Unofficial Quirk Maker; Finagle Incarnate
England, always a nice place. It had been a pain, but he was quite sure that his trail had finally been put to rest. Most of his subjects were in Germany, and it would break the pattern if he stopped now.

Fafner was wearing his father's suit, fitting rather well over him despite the difference in quirks. His father's quirk wasn't an x-form, but he was a bulky man, and that transitioned well over to Fafner thanks to his scales. It was a grey suit and a blue tie, and the only thing that wasn't his father's was the shoes, as his feet had become to big for them. Making his way in he would be greeted by the X-form Deer, and Fafner would respond in kind.

"That is korrekt, sorry, correkt. Damn it. Yes, I am here for the interviews." Yet again his accent got the better of him. He had been trying to get rid of it after speaking German for so long, but even when learning English it never really went away. Writing it wasn't even a problem, it was just saying the word. Fafner hoped that it wouldn't impede him in getting elected, as having a whole nation of people that could become patients would outweigh it all.

The red wurm would opt to take the stairs, as it would give him some time to think as well as do some cardio. He had no intention of running the country except for the bare minimum, as his research took precedence over anything else. Yet he knew if he was going to earn the position he'd have to show an interest in it. The only real issue was that the prime minister was also head of running the Nation's major jail. Fafner had been to jail once before as a child, and he'd rather not go back as a convict.

Arriving at the door and entering, Fafner was 'pleasantly' surprised to see several people there for the interview, but he'd brush that though away and introduce himself. He'd put his right hand over his chest, hand in fist position and his left behind his back, standing straight with his legs slightly apart. He'd give a short bow before speaking.

"Good day Prime Minister, I am Fafner Libelle Mengele, a former resident of Germany. I work as a part-time doktor, mainly for those who have trouble affording health kare. I do apologize for my akcent, It is the one thing that I kould never properly get rid of before moving here several years prior. While i have only been living in England for a few years of my life, I do have a lot more experience when it komes to the...less savory parts of he world. I have a fairly good, albeit not as well as you Prime Minister, knowledge on how criminals work and how people, whether good, bad, single or in a group think."

Fafner would then take his seat, as far away from the small echidna. Fafner, despite being an X-form himself, did not like other X-forms. Even though wurms were considered myth, that never stopped any of the juvi X-forms to bully him, and it had been ingrained into his skull since then. He knew size did not equal strength.
Online Profile Goto Top

FritzingHell
Member Avatar

Enter Kaede Kazuma

A stern faced woman entered the building and was given the same prompt as everyone else, but she kept herself silent for the most part. Only responding to the enthusiastic secretary with a simple nod, while undoing the button up to her suit as the directions were given to her. It was getting hot, so she thought it was fine to at least undo her suit a little bit, but it seemed that this heat was more from nervousness than anything else honestly.

Kaede Kazuma was here to apply and become the chancellor of England, although knowing that her chances were very slim due to some... crippling personality traits. She was strong willed and had many plans, but she was the most soft spoken person to ever roll on out. Keeping interactions with a minimum to everyone she gazed towards, Kaede was determined to do her very best in leaving a good impression. Rolling her neck around, she took the elevator, just as someone else was shouting to 'hold the elevator'...

Enter Gina Majima

A rather happy looking woman ran into the same elevator as Kaede, wearing a spiffy black suit with her hair pulled back down in a ponytail. The most notable feature of her appearance was the fact that she had an eyepatch covering her left eye. This person, Gina Majima, was rather out of breath as she was running late. Gina, alongside Kaede and everyone else here for the noon appointment, were aiming to become something grander than themselves. Though Gina just wanted to become chancellor, it may seem that her plans were.... more than slapped together. Honestly, she wanted the position for the power, and she'll handle whatever responsibilities that may come.

"Eeeey, it's... my favorite... friend!" The rather foul mouthed Gina spoke with such glee, speaking in a jovial tone to the stone faced Kaede. Pressing the button, the two of them rode up the elevator, confined in such a small metal box for what can only be presumed for a good five seconds. Yet, that time felt like an agonizing eternity as Gina spoke softly into Kaede's ear, "I'll win this time, I'll show ya~"

Kaede only gave a cursory glance towards the eyepatched woman, not really phased at all since these two ran into each other on an almost ungodly level. Every time there was a competition, Gina was there. And every time, Gina was the hardest bit of competition, and the two of them almost always failed to succeed because of their little quarrels that were always spurred on because of this erratic woman's behaviors.

Once the elevator doors opened up, Gina was the first one to exit the elevator and take the directions she overheard, moving to the appointed room before Kaede. Opening the door, she spoke with a gleeful kind of professionalism, "Hello everyone, and Mr. Prime Minister. My name is Gina Majima, and I am a proud business owner of my own nightclub franchise across the greater China area. And, because of the fact that I can maintain a popular appearance and manage a business across a giant country such as China, then I am sure that I can manage being a Chancellor."

After making her case, Gina took a seat in one of the appointed chairs, in time for Kaede to enter. With such a stone faced appearance, her intimidation factor was probably on par as Maze's. gigantic size. And, being among the only two to do so, Kaede approached Maze's desk and placed her business card front and center of his desk, while saying with a proper bow, "Kaede Kazuma... Director of Real Estate Agents across China. And my determination and burning hot will, will allow me to properly help assist in leading Europe as chancellor." Keeping her words short and concise, Kaede took a seat right next to Gina at the very end of the row of chairs, as the white suited woman was going to keep an eye on her rival.

Maze sat in his desk and listened to them all, starting with the young woman by the name of Aido Hwedo. Her heart seems to be in the right place, and she seemed to have a caring occupation to back that up. But what really sold her was that little stint about a toxic underlying premise of X-form racism. Not needing to be said, as Maze recognized what she meant from the hint about her hailing from South Africa, him being a native to the northernmost parts of Africa. That, and her appearance gave him heavy nostalgia due to his own personal reasons. And she was followed up by the typical unemployed housewife, who really didn't understand how to exactly sell herself. While she may have been the only true European native to apply for this time slot, Maze sat unconvinced that she could perform any kind of duties from the base line skills she had.

The American Black woman then spoke, introducing herself as yet another doctor, who suffered the same problem as Miss Summers. Though, on paper, she had neat credentials and everything, her weak point was not really selling herself to the fullest of her ability. Between the two past woman, they had a bit of a hill to climb in order to properly impress the Prime Warden himself. Next up was the Reptilian man who spoke in a heavy accent, and his experiences only made him shadier to Maze rather than put em on an equal level. Maze already had enough experience in dealing with criminals as is, so this man's skill was only a neat touch but albeit wholly unnecessary. Plus, there shouldn't really be any real reason as to how this person knew the criminal psychology from being just a mere part-time doctor.

Next up was the duo of women who seemed like the yin and yang to one another, the first being addressed was semi-professional and joyful Gina, with their entrance of introducing themselves on a business standpoint. On paper it makes sense to essentially employee those who can lead others, but something irked him in the back of his mind about this woman. He just knew something was up with this eye patch lady. Then there was Kaede, who was short, simple, and straight to the point. Sharing a common ground with Miss Eyepatch too, as Kaede runs her own business, though he opted to not look at her business card, as Maze could take Miss Kaede for her word.

Then Umie John opted to be the final speaker, and boy was he a doozy. The gargantuan Prime Minister had to lean all the way over his desk and reach down in order to grasp the little being's resume and recommendation letters. Pulling himself out of his seat in order to look the little Echidna X-form over throughout the speech, taking the time to glance at some of the more important portions of the resume and letters. Nodding along with what the man said, Maze took note that he did indicate he got his two doctorates in six years on the very same resume of his. Even after the little blue robed man finished his talking, Maze spent the couple extra seconds to scan through his resume, before placing it on his desk next to Kaede's business card.

Taking a seat, the smiling giant clapped a couple times before saying, "It's a pleasure to meet you all! Especially you two, Aido and Umie! How's the homeland, cause I haven't visited in a long time?... Wait! I don't have time to hear that! I'll want to talk to the two of you after interviews to learn more, hahahaha!" The large man wanted to help break the ice with them, because it was apparent that at least one of them was a little bit nervous due to his imposing appearance. The Warden just wanted to get a better feel for who these applicants are, and what their beliefs are. Moving his hand downward as if motioning for everyone to take a seat if they already haven't, Maze wanted to get things moving.

"Alright, apologies for that brief topic break. Let me get us back on track," The glasses-frame wearing warden motioned a hand chopping motion with one hand into his other semi-blocky palm. Reaching for his own personal notes inside the desk, Maze flipped through a couple pages as he wasn't entirely prepared admittedly, before reaching the page which held some very heavy questions.

"Let's start with two questions concerning the world at large. First off, by all means, tell me your feelings towards WISH as an organization. Myself as a hero who works for the big Peacekeeping Organization itself, I am biased to like it as they allowed me to help people from the bottom of my hearts. However, you may have differing opinions about them, and I would LOVE to know your personal opinions, and maybe experiences with them. Don't worry, whatever is said in this room, stays in this room. Confidentiality reasons, of course, so feel free to talk with your heart's desire."

Pausing right there, he held a hand up as his smile seemed to lessen only a tiny bit. Being at the most recent event in the United States, Maze himself was still unsure on how Kull Ganzorig was going to run his country. But what scared him the most was the fact that WISH Headquarters had itself relocated within weeks of the new presidency. So, the new Prime Minister had to ask the question with less explanation or context than the previous one, "Next up... Tell me what your thoughts are about the new Presidency of the United States, assuming you know about President Kull Ganzorig and his ideology in the first place."

OOC
Offline Profile Goto Top

CrabSage
Member Avatar
ABS Master Memesmith
Sitting in her chain with a smile, one thought came to the forefront as Sophie listened to the others. That sure was a lot of doctors and other successful people. You can't afford to let this slip away, Sophie. If you land this you might not need to worry about any other jobs. You could even make it so other people don't either! Even if she didn't have all the credentials or proof of being capable, there was still time to prove otherwise. Her smiling expression turned to a serious one as the Prime Minister asked two of the other candidates about their home country. There had to be more to politics than just book smarts.

When the floor was opened to respond to the questions Sophie stood up without hesitation. Thinking on her feet wasn't hard if she was just giving her own thoughts, "WISH can be a bit strict sometimes, but I think they are good overall. At the same time, I feel like they need to clamp down on things, especially with all their hero schools. I was reading about news and found out some kids from there were causing all kind of trouble in Japan. One even nearly blew up a bridge and they didn't even have a full hero license. I also wish they would do more about this Oni guy. After all he has done with what happened in Africa and around the world, you would think a team could be made to bring them in." The woman took a breath pausing to catch her breath before continuing, "I haven't worked with WISH myself, but my family has in the past. The heroes they sent to help catch criminals were good at what they did, but some of them are snobs about working with cops and bounty hunters. I think some of them might need to remember there is more to life than hero stuff."

The next topic was something she actually prepared for. Even Sophie knew it was a good idea to study recent political events when trying to become the right hand to a national leader. "Kull Ganzoring... I didn't really watch too many debates live, but from what I saw in recordings the guy was pretty aggressive. What someone says they will do and what they actually aren't always the same, but WISH actually flying away isn't a good sign. It might be a little early to consider him a threat, but I'm not gonna be planning any trips to the States soon with him in charge."

With her answers done the woman took a seat, letting out a small sigh of relief. As the others spoke she would listen closely and straighten her outfit out. While her ears focused on the others the redhead's eyes would stay on Maze. Watching for his reactions could be useful, but she wouldn't lie to get the job. As much as she wanted it, there were enough nights of listening to her father complain about politicians for Sophie to want to try and be honest with her beliefs.
Edited by CrabSage, Feb 1 2018, 04:14 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

DwagonKitsune
Member Avatar

As they were all seated and the warden proceeded to get the interview rolling, Allessandra felt a bit relieved that she had only put her residency on her application and not her birth country. Like Aido and Umie, she too was African. But unlike them, she had next to no memories of her homeland, which was why the Doctor purposefully kept that bit of information out of her documents. If she got this job, she wanted to do so based on her credentials and impression that she made, not due to some sort of "familiarity" that Maze felt with her.

Not that Mr. Fulbright seemed the one to make a decision based on that single fact. The questions that he asked were certainly very interesting, and caused the African to think. She was thankful when one of the younger members stood up almost immediately to speak her thoughts on the matter. That opportunity gave Alley some time to think, and what to say. She'd voted for Kull, but thought that it'd be best to keep that information under the rug, at least for now.

Alley inclined her head towards Sophie, thanking her for her input and stood up next. "I haven't had any experience with W.I.S.H, nor do I really want to. Like Sophie, they do seem to be rather strict. The world isn't painted in black and white. There are many shades of gray, which the hero organisation seems to want to sweep under the rug. Personally, I'd prefer if there were different factions of the organisation, each in charge of their own country or region. Cultural differences can lead to confusion, which in my opinion is best handed by those who have either been immersed in that culture for a while, or those who have grown up in that culture."

Now came for the Doctors opinions on Kull, and his presidency. "The new President of the United States...is a dominant man who doesn't sway his opinion. In that way, he's an ideal that most of the common populace would want to live up to. USA has always had a bit of a superiority complex. They want a leader who'll stand up for what he believes in no matter what, even if it means going to war to defend their ideals and those of the country." Allessandra tapped her leg with a finger, thinking. "Which is why, in my opinion, that him being the President is a good idea, as well as W.I.S.H moving over seas. In such a spotlight he can't really hide much, nor can he do much, not without very publicly breaking the laws, of course. If he wants to do anything with the country, he has to get congress to approve it. It'd be a shackle on an otherwise free spirited individual. If W.I.S.H had stayed, it may have simply been the last straw and a target for Mr. Ganzoring's frustration. Rather them moving headquarters could give the impression of Kull having some breathing room, without them having to disclose how much men or equipment they left behind."

Allessandra shifted her mouth and worried her bottom lip with one of her fangs, thinking. 'No, I think that's enough' the Doctor decided and sat down. She crossed her legs and sighed. Despite having a chance to get her thoughts together, the African didn't feel like she'd gotten it all out quite like she wanted to. "But again, those are just my thoughts" Alley concluded. She rested her head on her hand again, waiting to see who would go next and what they would say.
Online Profile Goto Top

BlenderMutt
Member Avatar
King of Free-form
Aido offered the seemingly jovial stone man a soft smile. She had not known his heritage, but it disarmed her slightly to hear the man speak to her with such a relaxed tone. She wondered by his question if the man was truly aware of the condition of this ‘homeland’ he spoke of. None the less, if he was to become a figure of real political importance, then he would likely learn soon enough.

The other questions Maze asked required a thought, and Aido figured it would be best to let some of the others speak first. This gave her a bit more insight to read the crowd, though the answers she heard didn’t give her much to work with. “Personally I hold little opinion for such organizations, though it is clear they try their best out of altruism. WISH could certainly do better as the others have spoken, yet I feel every force has it’s limits, perhaps if there wasn’t simply a monopoly on such global organizations more good could come of it.” She held her full opinions on the matter, she had been in Egypt during the elections, she had helped to save lives in the aftermath, she had seen first hand what lengths an agent of WISH would go to, if this world was diseased, they certainly weren’t the cure.

“As for the elections in America, I must confess I knew little of many of the candidates, they certainly seemed to just pop up. America has elected a strong leader, and in times like these, strength is needed. Whether he is the best candidate for a leader, time will tell.” She personally had little interest in that foreign power across the ocean, yet Kull had piqued her interest. She had done her best to dig up what she could following his election, yet there was much still unknown about the leader. Aido kept her answers brief, choosing to keep her explanations clear and to the point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Data_Sora
Member Avatar
Unofficial Quirk Maker; Finagle Incarnate
Fafner would listen to those who came after him and see that he was already outmatched in a few fields, especially against that little red ball known as Umi John, but he;d stick with it. Better to go through with a procedure and fail then give up and have no chance at saving his chances. With Umi done The Prime minister spoke and was a bit frustrated with the break in the interview, but with the whole event that happened in Africa he could forgive the man.

As Maze asked the group the first question, Fafner made note of the inflection made on the word love, and that made the wurm nervous. The Prime Minister was a warden of a jail, and for all he knew the man could jail any of them at any time for something as trivial as speaking out. It wouldn't be that hard, have him say that a candidate attacked him.

As for the second question, well that was an easy one. Fafner both loved and hated the reptile. Love because WISH decided that it was to unsafe to be there and moved away, giving him a nice place to set up shop if this failed. His hate, however, was because the man gave him the chills just looking at him. Taking a deep breath in through his nostrils, he'd speak once he had the floor.

"I do not have much of an opinion on WISH. They are there to protekt those who need protekting, similar to a world police force. While I have a few dislikes about them, overall the pros outweigh the kons. I have yet to have a major enkounter involving them, and I would like to keep it that way in my private life."

"As for President Kull...I will admit I have a VERY heavy bias on him for personal reasons. While I did not watch the elections, I had kept tabs on his campaign, and I an a bit worried as to how he'll run things over there. If he managed to win President with his attitude, I worry that he may be able to konvince congress to make politikal decisions that may make things worse for the country itself." And make things easier for me.

With the questions answered, he'd stay a little tense as he waited for the reply of the Prime Minister. He hoped that he didn't say anything to make him mad.
Online Profile Goto Top

BigGuava
Member Avatar
Honk.
"It'd be wonderful to discuss Africa afterwards, sir, given the wake of Rover's death."

It was surreal for Surely the mountain hadn't been from South Africa, as it'd be highly unlikely for his recollections of the Hone Country to be anything near "jovial." Perhaps he was mocking the pair of X-forms, relishing in the sudden dynamic switch. Perhaps he had been from North Africa instead, left blissfully unaware of the hardships involved with a war-torn country encapsulating your childhood. No matter the reason, Brother Umie would have to ensure his temper stayed in check. Despite the chieftain's crag-like appearance, he was still a skin at heart.

Thankfully, the eccentric echidna had little time to dwell on such ponderings, as the Prime Minister seemed hell bent on hastily concluding this interview. The questions seemed fairly elementary, a couple of softball questions intended on easing the room. The pint-sized pariah would wait similarly as before, his baritone timbre then ringing about the critter's persona feelings on WISH. The wee tart wished he could deliver a tirade on the department which allowed his homelands to become a war torn documentary, but knew he had to hold his tongue. Considering his potential employer was apparently intertwined with the group, he'd have to tread lightly for now.

"My feelings on WISH is that of a mixed bag, filled with many questions that I know can not be answered. I have witnessed them rescuing entire communities throughout my travels, whether it be from famine or destruction. They're left worshipped as God, and I can not blame those who do. Yet it leaves a nagging tear across my heart, as I grew in the stomach of war. I've read of entire regimes tossed aside at WISH's leisure, yet they never intervened in South Africa. I've seen firsthand them use the power required to quell rebellions and stabilize revolutions, yet South Africa changed leaders as an emperor changed clothes. Because of these reflections, I am left torn on the organization."

Umie would pause for a moment afterwards, giving a moment's thought before continuing onto the next question. He wasn't too concerned with the outcomes of WISH's grandstand "elections," considering the faux pundit they left in Africa had divided the country further. A child skin leading the reunification? Such audacious mockery. It was truly inconvenient for Umie, as the puppet's recent death had left him trying to assist in preventing outright civil collapse. Hopefully, he thought, their disparity could be mended by spreading Brother Ugan's words of "The Way." But considering South Africa's iron grip they had on western media, it had left him obvious to the elections outcome, whether he cared or not. The name Kull Ganzorig, however, did emit a feint familiarity. It's a shame, Umie just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Unfortunately, I could not watch the United States elections. Prior to this meeting, I had been preoccupied in South Africa, trying my best to simmer the flames left ablaze from Rover's assassination. Not too many opportunities to indulge in the West's culture while in South Africa, but I'm sure you're already aware of such. However his name does have a familiar ring to it, perhaps Ive seen it before discussed on the news. Maybe I had met him during a trek across the Midwest, who could tell? Ohohoho!"

The short-lived belly laugh would escape the robed dwarf, hoping he could match Maze's fairly upbeat take. He felt fairly confident in his answers, unconcerned with his current standings. The answers were fairly non-controversial, and offhandedly mentioned his penchant for volunteer work abroad. Confidence, it seemed, was the Brother's speciality.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FritzingHell
Member Avatar

Right off the tails of Umie John's little speech, it seemed that Kaeda had something on her mind. Her burrow ever so furrowing as this white suited woman's gaze met with Maze's with no intention of breaking any contact. And she had done the one thing that others here had feared to do. Opening her mouth, she gave her honest to god opinion about WISH. "WISH is full of no-name cowards who use heroes as a facade to keep themselves in power. Disgraceful people who wish to play puppeteer with the world, yet only acts through their employees and false niceties. Being an ex-hero myself, I worked with them directly... They are also the reason I am an EX-hero, thus forcing me to a business I originally had no intention of running. Long story short, we do not see eye to eye." She had her qualms with this global organization, before adding on, "Never heard of Kull, apologies for lacking information in that regard."

Even Gina herself was a little bit thrown off guard by Gina's bold proclamation, swallowing the spit in her own mouth in response, damn near forgetting herself her black suit shimmered a slight gold hue underneath the lights. Coughing out loud, Miss Gina only shrugged while saying, "Eh, I really don't care too much about WISH. In my line of business, I just do me, and they do them, since I don't really need to deal with heroics personally... HOWEVER, With Kull Ganzorig, oh boy do I love myself quite a bit of gossip. Especially with that young hunk of a president the United States has. If he had lesser ambitions, then he'd probably make for an amazing escort with that scrappy attitude of his, heheh. Though, I get the feeling of him never being satisfied, and that hunger can be dangerous when giving power. So, in short, he's a studmufin whose attitude is admirable, yet also his achilles heel." Keeping her thoughts to a business sentiment, she readjusted the cuffs of her plain looking black suit.

With these answers, it seemed the Prime Warden himself started to feel as if the ones whom he judged heavily at the beginning with their vague answers turned the tables on everyone else. Their answers feeling more succinct and to the point, as they actually spoke what they thought and felt. Especially Miss Summers, as the young stereotypical housewife seemed to have done her homework what with the knowledge of Oni and acknowledging WISH's response to Mr. Ganzorig's election. Alley even bashed WISH's attempts at declaring things as just right and wrong, even going as far as making a bit of a suggestion to make things much better in the long run with WISH divisions.

The following trio though........ They were afraid to speak their minds, fearing what was to come. As Aido, Fafner, and Umie spoke about having mixed opinions about he Global Organization, but never delved too deep in their thoughts. They were probably holding some baggage in their mind, that made them fear whatever consequences was to come. Maze thought he made it completely clear that this was a place where confidentiality was king. If they were holding back and withholding information in just the interview, that could prove very fatal later down the line as they would refuse to speak their true thoughts in the most dire of times. Though, Umie was probably the strongest of these mixed-baggers, as he actually spoke a little bit of his thoughts of the two sides of WISH.

But what was most surprising was that the originally silent Kaede burst out into a full explanation of her distrust and dislike as a whole. Being able to relate with her story a little bit, Maze wished things turned out differently, but history has already past, and now they were laying foundation for the future. Maybe someone who held opposing opinions towards WISH could bring about new viewpoints and ideas that others would only gloss over. Gina, however, was the pure model of ambivalence of not caring either way. Another extreme, as rather than conflicting with the global organization in opposition, she avoided them outright. But her thoughts, personal and business like, were rather enlightening to say the least.

Rolling around his neck, Maze spoke loudly, "Good good, everyone here is completely interesting with their responses, that's for sure..." Pausing right there, his eyes trailed across the chairs, giving everyone a quick look in their eyes while taking the air and aura of the room. He felt as if giving them time to prepare for these answers was a little easy for them, as most of them were remaining composed despite the slight second degree. To the astute eye, Maze's grin may have curved a little more, as he thought it was time to give them the burning third degree. Taking off the glasses frames, he spoke calmly to them all, "However, when you're in power, you won't always have the time to prepare yourselves for the unexpected or the many."

Rocketing off right there, he started spitballing every query he could think of off the top of his mind, hoping to see if he could make some of these people trip over their own words. "What were your motivations for coming here today to even become chancellor? What did you come here to accomplish, what are you all going to do once you get the power too? What with the higher amounts of hero and villain fights breaking out across the world, what are your thoughts on the taxation of those working in the department of heroics? Opinions on the almost literal monopoly UA has on higher Heroics Teaching?"

Standing up from his seat, pulling himself up to his almost seven foot gargantuan, he almost felt satisfied with the load of questions he was quite literally dumping on all of these people, "Do any of you have any current role models that you take after, or at least someone you respect as a mentor which lead you to this point? Should we be more lenient on those without licenses who need to use their quirks in self defense in times of crisis, and at the same time reward those use their quirks in public in order to assist public services and save others? And, to finish it off, let's get a little personal. Which person in this room right now do you distrust the most, and please elaborate your reasoning because baseless distrust is rather... unbecoming of us, wouldn't you say?"

Tilting to the side a little, with his hands in his pocket, the Warden felt a little proud of himself for amping up the difficulty on these candidates. Hopefully they were able to keep the pace, as the pace only gets faster and harder to keep up with on the world stage, as he had to learn firsthand through his experiences growing up in this world.
Edited by FritzingHell, Feb 5 2018, 05:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlenderMutt
Member Avatar
King of Free-form
As Maze began to fire-off a spree of thinly linked questions, Aido was taken back to her med-school days, the stone man’s dialog resembling a particular strict teacher she had once suffered through. Unfortunately for him, Aido had learned how to handle such barrages, and with a short pause to take a breath and quickly summarize her answer, she responded. “I’m here to secure a position in politics, you must understand that as both a woman and an x-form, there are few ways to make your voice and opinions heard in this world better than holding a position where I can quite literally speak to the man in charge directly. I hope to provide…’perspective’ on matters of importance regarding the state of this country, and with time let my work here gain influence in my home country.”

Pausing again to think, masked under taking a long breath, she continued. “I feel the term hero has long since lost his meaning in this society of global security, where once protection existed to defend the weak and powerless, now those allowed to be heroes exist more to justify the need for enforced global demilitarization. But that is where people of power like yourself hold the key to change, with your authority to ‘knight’ individuals the legal authority of a hero based on their innate heroic attributes, and without having to indoctrinate themselves in the… as you stated, literal monopoly held by UA. A hero in Japan knows no better whats the best for a hero of your country than some child from the first-world knows how to properly govern a struggling third world continent… And I think we all see how that turned out.” She spoke less than subtly of Former President Rover with the faintest hint of venom in her voice. Her qualm with the late politician evident, yet controlled.

Taking a longer series of breaths to prepare for the next series of questions, she took the time to chose her next words carefully. “I understand the reason behind limiting the public usage of quirks in dangerous situations, the way to hell is paved with the best of intentions after all, and an altruistic action can hold disastrous outcomes… yet I feel not enough effort is being put forth toward properly training individuals in safe ways to use their quirks. It is an all too common story, to hear of individuals turning to crime and villainous organizations solely because it’s the only means of a structured outlet they can find.”

She allowed herself a significant moment to consider his final question, she knew her answer, yet hesitated to fully confess. “In truth, it has always been my policy to trust people roughly as far as I can throw them, but no one here particularly stands out as being any more or less trustworthy than the other, save for one individual.” She looked the tall mountain of a man in the eyes, her head cocking sightly to the side. “Sir, the questions you have chosen all are phrased to encourage a debate and doubt regarding the status quo, a stability valued by the organizations you are apart of. You ask us for honesty, and you are clearly perceptive enough to not fall for deception, yet you also don’t seem interested in blind loyalty or hiring a sycophantic yes-man. You encourage a casual discourse while simultaneously keeping your card close to your chest. As is stands, the one I am most unsure of the intentions of… is you.”
Offline Profile Goto Top

CrabSage
Member Avatar
ABS Master Memesmith
The redhead had been given a small amount of time to think as the woman that arrived before her responded to the Prime Minister. From the sounds of it, the large man wanted to test them on first reactions instead of planned replies. Trusting her gut was one skill Sophie had learned, she just hoped it would be enough and not something her parents lied about. Once Aido was done, Sophie took a stand to give her answers without hesitation. "I want to be Chancellor so I can have a job that makes my folks proud and also helps my country. I'm tired of working as just a cashier or waitress, I want to do something meaningful. Once I get the power I guess I would just do what you said, that is the job description. If possible I would try to deal with the Irish Resistance Armies more." Even if her reasons weren't the best, honest was the policy of choice.

"Taxing heroes sounds good to me. They should be doing it to help others, not just for the money. Don't tax them too much though, I imagine it is a pretty hard job. When it comes to UA I wish there was something that could be done to help teach more people or even just a way to show the youth to safely use their quirks in emergency situations to prevent them from causing more damage. Maybe a school that keeps a closer eye on their students somewhere else, but I dunno if any country would be willing to pay the taxes or if WISH would fund it on their own. Maybe if PE had some basic quirk education with volunteers to help keep things under control." While heroics wasn't Sophie's field of expertise, rambling was. Even as her face started to get flush from a lack of oxygen being taken in, she continued to share her thoughts in a stream. If Mr. Fullbright wanted her opinion on things, he was getting them.

"I don't think I have too many role models. My parents I guess... It would seem the woman was going to take a breath, but instead after a second she held up a finger and kept going. "And that guy with Crimson Soul! It sounded like our quirks are similar and he is a big name hero so that motivated me to try and do more. For self defense it depends on the nature of the quirk I think. If we had like a danger rankings for certain quirks that could help in court cases. If people wanna use their quirks for public services or to be heroes they should get a license for it though." Sophie finally paused long enough to take a breath as the final question wasn't a topic she thought too much of. She didn't know anyone there, how could she distrust them? As she realized her pause was taking too long the girl went with the person she just thought was the weirdest. "Distrust the most? Umm... I guess the short red guy. He keeps talking about everywhere except here, does he even know how things here in the UK work?" With her series of answers ending on a weak note Sophie sat back down, giving an apologetic nod to the echidna man.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · England · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Sister Sites

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Vote for My Hero Academia RP at Top Site List Planet My Hero Academia RP

Affiliates

Bleach Platinum Hearts BROKEN CHAINS Ninpocho Affilate
"Deep Waters" theme created by HawkBlade124 of the Zetaboards Resource Zone.