Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

-WISH Broadcasting Network!
|| Current Year & Season: Winter of 426 || Based on Eyewitness accounts and the absolute state of denial the Freedom Pirates find themselves in, they have now confirmed that Lucy, after a years' investigation, died of her terminal condition. Information was gained by WISH's Chief of Staff of the CDC, Mr. Beckman. || Abyssal has decided to hang up her cape after the news of Lucy's death and entrusts her lineage to a hopeful young one, Sub-Zero. Reporters asked a few newer members about Abyssal's retirement and they gave mixed responses.|| “I ain’t going back to Elysium for no damn reward. Fuckers insane.” - Newest Vitality Member, Big Smoke. No extra information was given to explain his ranting. ||

Affiliate Box By Invisionation
Welcome to My Hero Academia RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

If you are seeking help, come into our Discord! https://discord.gg/CrJPdtj

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Support Midterms:; Respect for all
Topic Started: Jan 15 2018, 11:29 AM (880 Views)
Rookie Bot
Member Avatar
The Apprentice
There was certain amount of tension in the air, as the support students would slowly arrive to the. Mister miyazaki had told them about the exams coming well in advance of course, but for a usually very calm teacher, he had been surprisingly adamant about them being on time on the day of them. It was almost like he was trying to scare them into studying just a tiny bit more. Encourage them to give their big "PLUS ULTRAS" And what not! However, what was waiting for them right outside of their normal entrance propably included all the answers they needed... and was pretty much as obvious of a clue about what they were going to do today.

The tiny bus was sitting right in front of the main gate of U.A, with giant stickers spelling out the lovely institutes name. The door was open and the small steps touched the ground as a simple driver in a mostly black uniform held a list in front of him. Despite the ominousness of the situation, soon, the familiar mouse would step into view, waving his hand for them to come closer in a mildly rushy fashion.

"Come along now! We have an important person waiting for us! Besides, chances for combining school trips with exams don`t come often, do they?"

As the students entered, Miyazaki made sure to say every persons name quickly outloud, so the bus driver had time to scratch that name of the list. The insides of the bus was pretty fancy, with regular seats lined up on both sides of the middle, and nice little stairs leading to a small "block" of seats in the back. Taking note of the classes size, the bus was very spacious indeed! And standing at the front, the teacher took mildly serious, yet small in stature, pose, as the driver started the engines and the bus started moving with gentle shaking.

"Now then everyone. Welcome, to your coming midterms." He lifted the pencil in his hands a bit in the air. "However, as you have propably guessed by now, we will be holding our exams in a very different position. And that position will be the "Quirkological park". Has anyone of you heard of it before?" For a moment he waited if anyone would raise their hands. There was bound to be atleast one of them who had visited the place as a kid. "Most of you propably know it as the place, where we keep the rare cases of animals, like me, who have a quirk to call their own." He poked his glasses up with a little bit jokey smile. "Of course, if an animal happens to have a similar quirk to mine, they usually just join the civilization. But sadly, over half of the animal kingdom isn´t as lucky." The mouse poked the underside of his jaw with a pencils dull end.

"However, that doesn`t mean they don`t have their own separate needs!" You could see Miyazaki clearly being interested in the subject. "When we get to the park, You will all be assigned some kind of task, at the behest of the person handling our visit. Both me and her will be grading you based on how well you do."

He had a little bit of a break. "Any questions? This is your last chance to get any info if you need it. I hope you have studied well and broadly!" For a moment, Miyazaki gave his students time to discuss the things he had brought up among each other. This could admittedly be a bit much to take in. And knowing the person waiting for them, he could only imagine what she had planned for them to do.

Read me first
Edited by Rookie Bot, Jan 15 2018, 11:47 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slam
Member Avatar

Chika had woken up bright and early the morning of their midterms. Master Miyazaki had been particularly serious on them being on time, not to mention she'd been feeling very nervous in the days leading up to the exam so there was no way she was going to let herself oversleep. After a quick jog and shower it was about an hour before the designated time so she quickly got dressed and put on just enough makeup to where she wouldn't look like a bridge troll before heading to the kitchen and making some breakfast. Finishing off her eggs she checked the clock again and nearly jumped out of her chair. She had to be at the front gate in less than ten minutes!

"Oh man oh man! Gotta go!"

With a piece of toast bouncing up and down in her mouth Chika took off running out the door and down the dormitory stairs. She took a moment to appreciate how cliche it was of her, but she realized that the girls in anime might be onto something as she munched down on her bread, now out the door and looking around to make sure she wasn't going to bump into anyone. She quickly ran off for the main entrance, luckily making it with a few minutes to spare.

"Hey guys! Is that a bus? Are we going on a field trip?"

She greeted her classmates before turning her attention to the school bus waiting for them and watched as Master Miyazaki stepped out. "Sensei! Are we going somewhere else for the exam?" Hurrying along Chika stepped into the bus and, seeing the block of seats in the back pointed to them. "Let's sit back there! I think we can all fit." She smiled as she headed to the back, taking a seat so that she was facing the front. She thought it'd be more fun if the nine of them sat close together.

Chika listened intently as the mouse explained their destination. She didn't raise her hand as she hadn't heard of the place but it sounded to her like it was a zoo of some kind. Chika didn't particularly like zoos as it always seemed to her that animals should be living in the wild as they were meant to, but she supposed if these animals had quirks then it might be dangerous to leave them roaming around.

"So we'll get to interact with the animals? That sounds fun! Will it be dangerous, sensei?" She remembered the intensity of their very first class. Her classmate, Arapeta, had even sustained a concussion from it! Well, if anything were to happen Chika was more than ready to help them out as she'd packed some of her first aid supplies in her bag.

Summary
Edited by Slam, Jan 16 2018, 06:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DwagonKitsune
Member Avatar

As with every morning, the horned teen rolled out of bed and tugged his uniform on. He didn't bother with brushing his hair or having a shower and, at the time he got up, he wouldn't have been able to do all that and get to class on time. One would think that since this was the day of the exam, Arapeta would've taken it all more seriously. In fact, he seemed to be as calm and cherry as he always was leading up to the days. If one looked closely they could see how much work he actually put into studying. The teen had delved into the medical world with enthusiasm and had learned more tricks of the trade, which he hoped would come in handy here.

'I want cereal for breakfast...' Ara though as he opened up one of the cupboards in his room. He was running out of breakfast bars anyway. The horned man took out an oddly shaped bowl, which compressed into a flat disc when pressed. Into it he crumbled Wheat-bix, which were flakes of some sort of grain pressed into a block, and milk. Arapeta stirred in some brown sugar, swung his backpack on, and headed out of the dorms.

Despite him getting up at his usual time, Ara arrived just before Chika. He thought the bus looked a bit cute, being as small as it was and all covered in stickers. But the location and the vehicle made the teen wonder if they had to take their exam at a different place. 'Today IS the day of the exam, right?' he checked with himself. Last night Arapeta had put extra pens, pencils and paper into his bag, just in case he'd need them today. But Mister Miyazaki's words as he ushered them onto the bus confirmed that this won't be an ordinary exam. 'U.A. never does anything normal when they can do something different' The Scotsman thought with amusement.

Arapeta let the majority of people get onto the bus before him. It was a small class and he never really cared where he sat. Chika's excitable proclamation that they all sit in the back together made the teen smile over his cereal. He nodded along as he chewed his mush and followed her up to the back section. He chose an aisle seat and sat with his legs into it so that he could easily talk to his classmates.

When their Sensei revealed the place they were going to, Arapeta sat up just a little bit more in his seat, clearly interested. As he had only moved to Japan a few years ago, the teen had never gotten a chance to go to the zoo, but he had heard of it. He put his hand tentatively up, signifying that he did know of said place but didn't know much about said place. Ara finished his cereal up and wrapped it up in a plastic bag before putting it into his backpack. If one of his classmates had been paying close attention to the strange bowl, they may have been able to see little bones embossed onto it's sides.

"If there's an aquatic section, we're not gonna help out there, right?" The Scotsman asked. He didn't wonder if these creatures could be dangerous. His extended family, which were all very close with each other, where all big on pets of many varieties. He knew that if you didn't approach an animal right or treat it wrong that it could very well be dangerous. The main problem for the boy with heavy horns was the water. After his fishing trip, where he ended up in the ocean during a storm with crazier shark girls attacking them, he'd much prefer to stay out of any aquatic activities.

Summary

BigGuava
Member Avatar
Honk.
As per the norm, Jack had spent the twilight hours attending to the miniature harvest supplied by his prized melon bonsai tree. The ping-pong ball sized fruits had been particularly juicy as of late, the initial step in Jack's process of weaponizing his melons. While a portable, battle ready melon was in the works, it was essential for the Master of Melons to maximize their potential juice output. A wondrous side effect of these experiments was that the ghoulish gentleman would be able to pass off these incremental fruits as a healthy snack for his colleagues.

It was not long until his alarm clock would interrupt his musings of melons, reminding him of the impending midterm to be taken that day. In contrast to their instructor's usually bubbly disposition, the diminutive instructor solemnly warned against any form of tardiness. Sporting the standard uniform, melon cufflinks, and pale green napsack filled to the brim with his trademark snacks, the boney Brit would hastily embark towards the rendezvous point. The morning air was quite brisk, with several small puffs of steam clinging to his candle-lit eye sockets.

Given his form of sight, the skeletal chum would be unaware of any decorations adorning their transportation. Car rides were an absolute bore for him, his bones generally only able to discern the vibrations of the vehicle's interior. Lowered windows were an absolute hell for him as well, as a constant onslaught of vibrations nearing 70 miles per hour would drive any sane man to murder. Following Chika and Arapeta's lead, he would make his way towards the back of the bus. Once settled in, he would provide his fellow classmates with his standard selection of fun-sized melons.

"Would anyone desire a succulent melon, per chance? I fear that my stomach is a due a ripe ballooning any day now, as I have been binging on the blasted devils all week. Granted, this strain has proven to be ever so delectable."

It wasn't too long before Master Miyazaki would divert their attention, the man's commanding presence naturally eliminating any sort distraction. Jack would nod along as their pint-sized instructor parlayed the overall groundwork of their assignment. Apparently the group would be assigned a Given the numerous amount of animals who had attempted to steal parts of his boney exterior, the skeletal Brit was hardly a fan of the animal kingdom. Regardless, Jack was fully aware that such a task would require him to cast aside his petty misgivings. The Brit would rustle his napsack, praying that enough melons remained to placate whatever beast entasked to his care.

However a passing comment made during Master Miyazaki's introduction snagged Jack's attention, more specifically the remarks regarding his instructor's own speciation. As the pumpkin-scented teen intended on rehabilitating criminals upon his graduation, a vast knowledge on X-Forms would prove to be most pertinent due to their abnormally high incarceration rate. Considering the stereotypes the pumpkin spiced support had been made aware of, he had believed Master Miyazaki to be a brilliant lighthouse, drawing near fellow X-forms into a life of positivity and clean living. However learning that their professor, a figurehead whom Jack once assumed defied the societal expectations for an entire form of quirks, was not an X-form at all certainly dampened the skeleton's mood. Given the start of their previous exam, it seemed as if the classes were intentionally designed as to quash his spirits.

"If you do not mind my inquiry, Master Miyazaki, but are you to imply that you are biologically a mouse? I apologize if this were common knowledge, but I had simply made the assumption that you were in all actuality a rodent shaped human. While animalistic quirks are rather uncommon, I do believe there are still instances to where a person's complete body has shifted into near duplicates of another species. In fact, I remember there being a student from last year's Sports Festival possessing a quirk such as that. While the fellow's name escapes me, I do remember the lad resembling a common waterfowl. Er- my apologies sir. It seems as if I have once again rambled on in regards to an inane topic. I further apologize for the nature of such inquiries as well, as the nature of such questioning seems to be rather personal."

The rambling skullduggery would give a slight bow, legitimately embarrassed by both his long winded tendencies and the probing nature of his inquiry. Given how secretive their instructor was with his history, the thought of learning a sliver more about Master Miyazaki caused Jack to temporarily slip away from his usual manners.

summary

Edited by BigGuava, Jan 17 2018, 10:12 AM.

Rookie Bot
Member Avatar
The Apprentice
As expected, most of the students seemed excited about the prospect of change of scenery for their exams. Miyazaki chuckled to himself with mild sense of pride. The trio of students had always been pretty different about how they took in information, a challenge he was ready to face head on, starting with a moderately simple answer to give to Chika. "Oh, I assure you, that anything dangerous that happens to you will only be your fault. Though, I will add that I have given specific notification to our lovely helper over there about your abilities. So I suppose things will make much SENSEi." He smiled a warm yet bit of a foolhardy smile. He had made a funny! And in the process, he found a good moment to answer Arapetas question. "I did specify, that I would like the situations to be challenging, yet not to require any very specific equipment. Though... That doesn`t mean you might not need to leave your comfort zones." He was being awfully vague about any specific information.

However, Jack proceeded to give a very long spur of words, something that distracted Miyazakis sweet tooth from accepting a melon from him. He slowly nodded, as the relatively simple question kept going on and on, ending in outright apology for a "personal question". He scratched the back of his ear for a moment. "No need for apologies. There is nothing bad about being a tiny bit curious, as long as you are aware where you are going with it." He hopped off from his little stool, and started skittering towards the students with quick steps.

"You are completely correct in your assumption, and memory. There are some X-formed people who end up looking completely like the animals they are supposed to represent, although it is pretty rare." He stopped in front of the skeleton boy. "For example, in my case, it comes down to simple bone structure! I work pretty much like any other human, except for a longer tailbone, three fingered hands, and a head of a mouse, size included!" He poked the boys leg. "However, I still mean what I said. And I guess I will pose one extra question for you all. Consider it extra credit!"

He skittered back to his little stool, and stood up on it. "What is this exercise supposed to teach you? And what does working with the animals have to do with it? I want each of you to have an answer to these inquiries at the end of the day!" For the rest of the journey, he calmly went up to the front of the bus, to give directions to the driver, as the students were left to murmur about what he meant.

Soon enough, they arrived to the big gates, as a very peculiarly dressed lady stood in front of them, waving eagerly. She almost looked like she was dressed for celebration instead of guiding students around, with a tall hat gleaming in the sun.

Mrs Kumatonon

"Welcome! Welcome! Welcome to quirkological park!" She spreaded her hands out, ready to hug the first person to enter her arms, but missing Miyazaki completely. "Hello to you too mrs Kumatonon! I hope everything is ready for the students midterms? The silly lady awkwardly shuffled about her dress. "Yes! Yes! Yes of course. Gimme a moment..." For a moment Kumatonon coughed, as she pulled out a couple of different colored papers.

"Welcome to quirkological park once again! We are honored to have students from such a highly esteemed academy visiting us for learning and academical success!" She raised her hands excitedly to her sides, with the papers shuffling in the gentle wind. "Here, you can meet lots of different kinds of animals from all over the world, brought here to live in peace from natural predators, and from being shunned by their fellow creatures because of their marvelous quirkiness!" She took a quick glance at one of the papers in her hands. "Poofy is a very... Poof... poof..." Miyazaki gave a bit of a curious glance at her, as she quickly shuffled through the papers. "Ah! Ah! Ah, there it is!" She seemingly regained her composure. "My name is Yuri Kumatonon! But I like being called Kanon, so you can call me either!"

"I have assigned each of you with a separate animal. I want each of you to treat your creatures with utmost care. However, if you yourselves feel troubled or overall too scared, just inform me, and I will use my quirk to calm the situation professionally... I think thats it for that paper..." It seems like the poor lady didn`t have enough time to learn her whole speech thoroughly.

"Anyways! Anyways! Anyways, time to get to business! Here are your cards, read them thoroughly! It involves the animal you will be taking care of as well as any simple tools you might need for the task." "Oh, and before anyone asks..." Miyazaki interrupted Kanon, making her flinch a bit. She was clearly a bit nervous that she was doing a good job. "I have approved of all of these tasks in advance. You can trust Kanon with whatever questions you have." Kanon visibly blushed. "Yes! Yes! Yes, you can count on me! Sorry, this isn`t exactly my usual business but..." She handed out a card to everyone one by one, as each one had a picture of what they would be handling...

Jack

Ara

Chika

DwagonKitsune
Member Avatar

Arapeta tended to like his teacher. The mouse certainly tried hard to teach them well with making it look effortless. And, occasionally, he did make the teen laugh. Or more specifically in this case snort with amusement at his pun. He wasn't really much curious on how their teacher was a mouse. Whether he was born a mouse and turned intelligent, or a human who had their quirk to be a mouse, but listened to the conversation politely.

Ara was glad that he did, due to the final question that their teacher posed them. 'I suppose it's to make use tolerant?' he pondered. The horned teen stared ahead of himself with a slightly vacant expression. His eyes slowly closed and head dropped a bit, but his thoughts remained semi-active. The old adage of not working with children and animals in show business came to mind. The Scotsman wasn't quite sure where he had heard it from, but knew that both children and animals could prove difficult to deal with. 'Maybe today has something to do with that...'

At their arrival the horned man snapped 'awake' quite readily. Excitement bubbled within him as he got up and filed out of the bus with the other students. Arapeta stifled a yawn as they followed their teacher, to be greeting by a peculiarly dressed person. Her hesitant demeanour and shuffling of papers, coupled with her dress, was rather cute. Not to mention amusing to watch. Ara couldn't count the times when he screwed up a speech due to his cue cards.

When they got their cue cards Arapeta immediately looked to his creatures picture. He paused for a bit, just soaking the strange creature in. 'Looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, like an alien' he thought. The teen scanned down the card, realising that not only would he be dealing with the one creature, but many. It intrigued him how the earth could spit out such a unique creature not only once, but numerous times. 'Wonder if that means they're related...'

Arapeta was thinking of asking that question until he thoroughly read the entire card. He came across a word that he didn't know its meaning. This was an unusual occurrence lately, but given the nature of this exercise and the fact that it appeared like he would be using the item, it would be best to ask what it was and how to use it. "Uh...what's a....Scan-er? That's how you say it, yes? And how does one use it?" Ara asked. He looked hopefully from Mister Miyazaki and Kanon, caucasian features clear to both of them. The former might even know that the teen's family moved here a few years ago from Scotland. Arapeta was certainly close to speaking Japanese like a native person, but his main hiccup was with the written language and what could be described as niche terms.

Summary

Slam
Member Avatar

Chika sat back in her seat and nodded at Miyazaki's answer to her question. It seemed like they'd just have to be a little careful is all. Though he did mention having to get a little bit out of their own comfort zones, but Chika thought she'd be able to handle any sort of animal entrusted to her so long as it wasn't anything seriously vicious, which he'd already said it wouldn't be. "Thanks Jack!" She grinned and took a handful of the melons that were offered, popping one into her mouth. The skeleton certainly knew how to grow some juicy melons. She listened to Master Miyazaki speak until he was finished and soon they were on their way to their very first midterms.

Upon arrival Chika quickly headed off the boss, eager to see what awaited them and found herself in front of a set of huge gates and a woman in strange clothing who seemed to be the person their teacher had spoken of. Chika obliged with a hug, embracing the woman whom she'd only just barely even met before stepping back, listening to her introduction that she'd apparently not finished memorizing. "It's good to meet you, Kanon! I'm Chika. So we're being assigned an animal to look after?" She wondered if the animals chosen were picked specifically to give them a challenge. This was a midterm exam after all, Chika doubted it'd be something so easy as running a petting zoo. Though, when she got her card and looked at the picture her immediate thought was that it would be a piece of cake.

"What's this?! It's adorable!! What'd you guys get?"

She leaned over to see Jack and Ara's cards, smiling at the bloated bird before widening her eyes at the weird fish monkey Ara had been assigned. She put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a sympathetic smile when he said something about a scanner. "Oh no, that says strapper! I guess it's some kind of thing you strap on them to mark them?" She knew the boy was a foreigner so Chika decided to help him out. Speaking of helping out her classmates, she looked back at the skeleton boy.

"Hey, I can read that if you need me to, Jack!" She walked over and, depending on his answer would read the contents aloud for him along with a physical description of his bird. She knew the boy saw by feeling vibrations but she wasn't sure there were any vibrations coming from the slip of paper. After making sure he was good, Chika stepped back and looked at her own card again.

Chika felt she'd gotten the best deal out of the three of them. "Hmm, so I have to be careful of the parents? Kanon, where can I get the shears?" The card said shears would be provided so she assumed Kanon had them. Apparently Poofy was going to be excitable and energetic so she'd have to be smart and not startle her. With this, Chika began to stretch before they headed inside as she suspected there might be a lot of physical activity involved after all.

Summary

BigGuava
Member Avatar
Honk.
Jack would of along as Master Miyazaki tersely answered his initial inquiry, the mousey man wasting little time in describing his physiology. The instructor's answers were always akin to him: short, sweet, and to the point. It was reassuring to Jack that his professor was indeed an X-form, the Brit regaining his go to exception for the negative stereotypes which hounded the quirks.

The candle-lit Brit would further nod along as their instructor posed another pair of questions, two open ended prompts involving the overall intention of this exam. Jack felt it best to tuck away these thoughts into the back of his skull, as he would need to actually have to experience the exam before he could realize the proper answers. Given how unpredictable Master Miyazaki could be, attempting to pick the man's brain prior to the exam would simply be a fool's errand. The Union Jack would allow his mind to rest for the remainder of the ride, the group soon arriving at the quirk-based zoo.

It wasn't long before the group was introduced to a rather peculiarly dressed woman, a woman that they would apparently defer to for the remainder of the exercise. The ghoulish gentleman would deliver the customary bow, his bend a tad deeper than his fellow classmates.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Kumatonon. My name is Jackson Cornelius Wight, and I look forward to providing whatever assistance you may require.

Their proctor would provide them with cards detailing their objectives, including the animal they were entasked with and their quirk. Jack was pleasantly surprised that his information was provided in Braille, apparently someone had gotten the memo that he was technically unable to read. Although the information provided was incredibly simple, it would suffice for now. Chika, the kind soul, offered to read aloud his card, unaware that he was supplied with information he could actually read.

"Ah, I do appreciate the assistance Chika. However, it seems as if someone went through the hassle of printing Braille upon my informative postcard. While the writing is fairly simple, the task required has been properly conveyed."

The skeleton's tone of voice was about as warm as his flames, genuinely happy that she had offered to assist him. He was fairly satisfied with his assigned animal, having fairly little qualms with birds. Thankfully, they were one of the few animals who didn't frequently attempt to gnaw at his boney body. Chika seemed fairly excited at her assignment as well, proudly displaying the apparently cute photo he was unable to actually see.

"You will have to explain to me what animal you were assigned, Chika. Unfortunately, pictures still remain outside my comprehensive grasp. As for myself, I was assigned an inflatable kiwi bird. I would go into detail about the species, but I am certain the picture can describe them better than I possible could."

And now, it was time for business. The fragrant Brit was not one to dilly-dally, as further pleasantries would only serve to burn daylight. He would implore their assigned zoo technician for some basic directions, hoping that they could throw him a bone due to his quirk's disadvantage. Even if there were Braille signs, it would be awfully hard to read them whilst holding a kiwi.

"Miss Kumatonon, is there any chance that you can provide me with directions towards the kiwi's exhibit? Considering my visual handicap, I am unable to easily traverse through the facilities. I have found that most signs lack the Braille necessary to allow myself to comprehend my surroundings. However, I do applaud whoever designed this Braille postcard. Top notch craftsmanship, old chap. Top notch!"

If the bird possessed a balloon quirk, it's body would likely resemble that of rubber. As the vibrations emitted by rubber were distinct from feathers, (similarly to any other contrasting materials) the skeletal Brit assumed that locating the bouncy bird amongst its avian friend would be quite trivial. The difficulty, he felt, would actually be arriving at the correct exhibit. After focusing upon the vibrations which constantly bombarded his bones, he would attempt to make his way towards the birds.

Summar

Rookie Bot
Member Avatar
The Apprentice
One by one, the students got their info cards, as they started comparing, which one of them got the harder task. One of the trios classmates apparently got a Deaf bat with extra loud voice, and someone seemingly whinged about the idea of a tiny hedgehog rolling around like a high speed tire. "Hey, it should be just fine, as long as you don`t go punching it!" "You calling me stupid?" Slight giggles were had, while kanon got clearly worried if the boy would actually do it. "I ask for utmost care of what you will do to them! Most of these are relatively young compared to our usual animals..." Lots of questions from the students commenced, having kanon awfully awkward, as she tried to go through them one at a time.

"Yes! Yes... I mean... Yes, thats what the strapper is for." She stampered a bit. "Admittedly, this kind of marking is usually used for birds, but these creatures have such lanky legs and hands, that we are testing this kind of marking instead. Also..." She proceeded to awkwardly blush a bit as she gave a look Miyazaki, almost like asking for help. "Let`s just say that the alternative is not as comfortable I assume." Kanon blushed even more, like this was a humongous sin upon her record.

More obvious question of where they would get the equipment for their particular tasks, Kanon seemingly for once had a clear answer to give. "Ah, Those will be provided at the particular animals area or cage. You will have another employee out there to give you instructions if you need them." Miyazaki pushed up his glasses. "I can assure you that the places you are supposed to go to are easy to find! We have maps for any normal visitors after all and..." Her confidence seemed to momentarily drain, as she realized the awfully gentleman skeleton didn`t have eyes to see through. However, Miyazaki came to her rescue again. "I guess I shall lead you there. I will let her handle the overall group, so that they follow the rules of the place proper." A moment of silence was had. The idea of a mouse of this size leading a walking skeleton around seemed awfully... cartoonish. However, he simply jumped on the skeleton boys shoulder. "Now then... Let`s proceed!"

"Oh... Oh, OH! Yes, welcome to QUIRKOLOGICAL PARK!" And with that final time the gates opened completely allowing them to enter into the magical world of animals. On the way, all of the students would see easy to read signs about where every different creature was. Some where seemingly kept in very close proximity to each other, while others were given personal spaces to live in. However, it was clear that there were some even bigger beasts here, as indicated by surprisingly big pictures on the side of the map. The skeleton would get pretty simple orders told to him, as if he followed them, they would end up in the bird sector.

Following the signs, Chika would soon find himself at a neat wood fenced mountaineous area, with a little roof covering a big feeder full of grains. There were small bushes around, as well as little splotches of grass. And of course, there were two humongous goats with as glorious horns as their looks, which flapped in the gentle wind ominously, as they were seemingly lounging around after a healthy meal.

the parents

However, farther away. the smaller child with its woollen body stumbled around like a pillow. It was still surprisingly agile for its plump shape, as it hopped around, occasionally letting out a loud "baa!" or "Scronch" from biting onto a plant. Close-by there was a nice seeming male worker, who waved for Chika to come forward.

"Alright, I have been told to not help you too much, other than offer you these." He offered some pretty new looking shears to the girl. "If you need any info after going in... I can maybe give you little hints since I don`t think you have done this before? But other than that, you are on your own." He opened the gate for the girl to enter.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Arapeta would, most likely to his dissapointment, find himself in front of a bit swampy seeming location. In one of the many pools, the frog creatures were seemingly taking a dip, with their backfins and eyes poking out of the water. Some of them seemingly caressed each others backs with the water, seemingly pulling whatever green stuff was sticking to em and shoving it in their mouth and munching with weird noises of gurgling.

"Here. A strapper, and some straps for you to use." The sudden appearance of a lady from a bush in an official looking outfit might have been surprising enough already. However, her shoving in his face something that looked like a shoehorn and lots of little ringlets might have been even more awkward.

"the strapper"

"Simply put, if the strap doesn`t fit properly, you can use that to widen them. If you need help, I can give you a hint." The lady vanished back into the bushes as suddenly as she came. What a weird fellow.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Depending on how well Jack followed his mousey friends orders, they would end up in this weirdly caged area, with lots of forest. Though for a blind person, they could hear lots of different bird sounds, and shuffling of the leaves and trees against each other. "Ah, gorgeous amount of detail in this. It`s hard to make a habitat good for so many birds you know." Miyazaki was clearly excited about all of this. You could feel his feet shifting around... and hear a man confusedly scratch his head. "Uhm... the skeletons the student right?" "Indeed, I will be dropping him off here. He should be able to handle himself from here on out. Right?" He gave a trusting look towards the boy as he hopped off of him.

"...He is blind? That might be problematic..." The man wondered for a moment, as he poked the side of his head. "Well, what I can tell you is, that if you bump into it, you will definitely know you have. it has a very distinct voice, and is hairy instead of feathered so..." Miyazaki chuckled and smiled. "Take it as a challenge young one! It is an exam after all. Meanwhile, I will be enjoying some quality time seeing some friends around here, hehe!" The mouse seemingly scurried off, leaving a bit confused man and skeleton behind.

"Well... be careful once you step inside. if you feel any roots, put your hands forward so you dont bump into any trees... if it gets too unbearable, just tell me, I am here..." he opened the cage door with a creak. If stepping inside, Jack would immediately feel leaves and sand under his feet, as well as leaves smacking him in the face. he had almost stepped into a whole new world.

DwagonKitsune
Member Avatar

"I've got some kind of toad cross chimp thing..." Arapeta said, tilting his card towards Chika so that she could see. He thought that it was a bit unfortunate that Jack couldn't see, as both his kiwi and Chika's sheep were adorable. "It's like a thing out of a sci-fi movie, I suppose." The horned teen supplied more information, sharing his thoughts on the creature that he would take his exams with.

Ara squinted a bit at the characters as his classmate corrected him on the word. "Ah! Yes!" he said, seeing where exactly he went wrong. Kanon's explanation of what they were used for suddenly made the teens mind click. He thought he knew what the strappers were now. Just small coloured bands that wrap around the animals leg to identify it. "Oh, the bird thingies! I always thought they were drawn on..."

The walk to the toad's with the x-form quirk's enclosure was uneventful. The horned teen's pondering on what kind of environment that the creatures would be put in halted as he stopped in front of the swamp. The heady mixture of damp wood and earth hung in the air. Arapeta almost expected a mosquito to start biting him, or for small insects to be buzzing around his head. He could see some, but no where near the amount a normal swamp would hold, to his relief. 'At least it has some ground, even if it's not fully solid' the teen thought, dropping his schoolbag outside and entering the exhibit.

The emergence of the zoo-keeper surprised the teen. He fumbled a bit with the items given to him, not expecting to suddenly have his hands full. The strappers were all differently coloured, with each colour corresponding to a number. Black was number 1, with blue being number 2, red being number 3, green was number 4 and finally yellow was number 5. Arapeta put the bands into one of his pockets, as well as the horn used to widen them.

'Now, how do I tag them?' The horned man pondered. The card said that they were curious creatures, so hopefully getting them out of the water wouldn't be too hard. Arapeta didn't want to go for a swim, and he doubted that he could out-compete the x-forms in the water. 'Or in the trees for that matter.' They were part chimp, and so the teen thought that the best way to approach these creatures was on land.

Hoping that his idea would work, Arapeta plonked himself down on the wet and soggy ground. His school uniform became wet almost immediately upon contact, but the teen did his best to ignore it. He hoped that sitting there, doing nothing and not looking like a threat at all, would lure at least some of the creatures out. Ara hoped that his patience would beat the creatures caution until they took it upon themselves to investigate this curious human. 'I know if someone just walked into my house and sat down, I'd want to see what they were up to.'

Summary

Slam
Member Avatar

"Okay guys! Let's all do our best!"

Chika grinned as she looked at each of her classmates before finally stepping into the park right behind Kanon as she led them inside. Chika followed the signs to her zone, eventually splitting off from everybody else as she walked. She hardly noticed however, as she was too busy running around to look at all the strange and interesting animals that she passed on her way. "Is that crocodile walking without a head?! This place is really cool!" Her eyes lingered on the large lizard that seemed entirely unconcerned about the fact that its head was rolling around near its body. She felt a slight twinge of sadness as she watched it, but wasn't entirely sure why.

Soon Chika reached the zone where the ram-serpent called Poofy was supposed to be. Indeed, she nearly squealed out loud when she saw the adorable little creature lounging around in the sun. Luckily she didn't as the worker attending the zone was standing nearby and Chika walked up to him, unable to help herself from smiling out of excitement. She listened to his brief words and took the shears, looking at the sharp blades uncertainly. "Okay.. so I just have to get all the wool off her? These are made specifically for shearing so.. I won't accidentally cut her will I?" She thought they must be safe to use but Chika worried that the animal might be jumping around so much she might cut something she didn't mean to. That certainly wouldn't go down well with the parents, either.

After hearing what the man had to say Chika stepped through the open gate, shears in hand as she looked at the little creature bouncing around the field. But instead of going straight for Poofy she walked towards the adult rams, Oats and Sherpa. They looked incredibly majestic just sitting there, wool blowing in the wind. Chika approached slowly from the front, her hand up as she walked to show that she meant them no harm. She wanted to see what kind of reception she'd get from them. If they were aggressive animals then she'd have to be much more careful when going to handle their child, but if they were kind to humans then things might be easier.

"Hey, Oats. Sherpa. How are you two doing? You really are beautiful."

Chika walked closer and closer, speaking gently but with her normal kindness that allowed her to easily befriend most other people. Without actually increasing her walking speed Chika stimulated the motor nerves across her body just in case she had to bolt. She doubted the animals were slow but she was confident she'd at least be able to get away if things looked dangerous.

Summary

Rookie Bot
Member Avatar
The Apprentice
"Pretty much. If you aren`t sure how to do it, concentrate on getting the wool out in small patches instead of one go. That way you can kind of measure how deep the wool goes." The guide was seemingly very much alright about telling more on the shearing itself. Admittedly, he had his worries, as soon as the girl was almost squealing in excitement upon seeing her target. "Just keep calm. I promise you the animal will be completely alright afterwards." With that, the girl marched through the gate, as the man closed it behind her. The exam had begun.

The adult goats, were at first pretty lax about being approached. However, as soon as she would get in about five meter range of the duo, the male one stood up on its four legs and glared straight into the girls eyes. The female just raised its head a bit. It seemed to be pretty calm close to its mate in comparison. For a moment it sort of seemed like things would be alright as long as she didn`t get too close.

...However she would hear loud clacks coming up towards her at a rapid pace. And if she were to turn, she would see a giant woollen ball with a black sheeps face flew towards her with a mighty warcry!

"BAA!"

Whoever the intruder was, the pompous little lamb was excited to charge at her immediately. Whether she got hit or not, she would notice, that instead of the tiny flappy horns making the impact of the attack worse, they just flopped in the air like pieces of bit stronger paper. However, a head-on headbutt would still propably smart.

After its failed attack, it seemingly tried to seem somewhat fearsome, kicking the ground with a mean impression... which propably ended up looking adorable more so. More warcries followed...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

A thumb rose from the bush to quickly answer the boys question. It was pointing straight up. Seemingly the boy understood exactly what to do. Maybe she could continue her spying in peace...

Arapeta would feel his feet sinking into the mossy ground, the wetness seeping a bit into his boots. However, the chimpanfrogs seemed to be awfully deaf for the moment, though some of them started to climb out of the pool. The visual was pretty silly, as their thin legs somehow in a wobbly fashion kept their comparably ginormous heads up like a silly jack o lantern. As one of em ran to the close-by tree, its hands flopped behind it, like it was a running ninja, with a mild gurgling accompanying it.

The other one however, took note of the weirdly shaped rock slowly sinking into the grass. He had clearly not seen this one before. And slowly, with its hands flopping from side to side, stepped towards it. "brlg? Grblg..." It got closer and closer, as it extended its hand towards the stick out part of him... his horns. If the creature was allowed to grip the horn, it would drip water on the poor person trying to hide in plain sight, as it would proceed to pull gently on it.

Slam
Member Avatar

Chika stopped approaching as Oats stood up and got protective of his mate, or so she assumed was the case. "Easy, easy.. we're friends!" It seemed that getting too close too quickly would result in the male's aggression so Chika figured that she probably ought not to start taking a blade to its child right in front of it. The last thing she wanted was to have this huge animal running her down. Just as she was thinking what she should do next, she heard a mighty bleat coming from behind her and she turned on her heel.

"Woah! Easy there, Poofy!"

With her motor nerves excited Chika was able to sidestep the ram's headbutt and watched as it flew past her, landing in the grass between herself and the parents. It seemed that the little one had come to see who the newcomer was and was trying to act protective like his father, though the sight of her was enough to makes Chika's heart melt again. Seeing that Poofy was going to charge again, Chika regained her composure and quickly came up with her plan.

Just as she was taught not to run with scissors, Chika grabbed the shears on the outside of the blades so that if she tripped no one would be getting too injured. "Come on! Catch me if you can!" Acting the part of prey, she decided to play a little game of tag with the ram. She'd played with the neighborhood dogs enough to know that if she started running it was their instinct to chase and, considering how energetic and playful Poofy was, Chika thought that she'd probably get the same effect out of her. She hoped that the parents wouldn't begin chasing her as well, but since they seemed to have been lounging about she thought they'd be more interested in doing that than getting up to run her down.

Running fast enough to avoid more headbutts but not too fast to where the ram would lose interest in chasing Chika ran across the field. She looked back to make sure Poofy was following as she made her way to her target destination - the large feeder that was the only man-made object in the area. Once she reached it Chika ducked behind it and stopped running, waiting with open arms to grab Poofy once she came around the bend. This way she'd be able to get the drop on the animal without the parents being able to see what she was doing.

Summary

DwagonKitsune
Member Avatar

The muggy air clung to the U.A student. Arapeta's clothing quickly became wet. Not to mention the fact that the water had also seeping in through his shoes. 'Every time I wear these shoes after, they're gonna smell like swamp. I think I preferred the smell of the ocean...' he complained silently to himself. But there was nothing to say that a Hero's job would ever be comfortable, so the teen bore his discomfort in silence, watching as a few of the toad-chimps clambered out of the water.

The creature seemed rather openly curious about Arapeta. 'A bit too curious', the teen thought. The toad had surely seen people before, even if it wasn't this close. As it got closer and closer, Ara wondered if it even knew he was a person. 'Maybe I'm staying too still...' He didn't have time to fix his main worry, however. He couldn't tell which one this was called, and didn't think it really mattered in the whole scheme of giving each creature a different number, but whichever one it was had taken a solid interested in the teen's horns.

"Nonono, don't pull on that" Arapeta said as he carefully leaned away from the grasping hand. He had pitched his voice as low as he could, and tried to make it soft and smooth. While the horny teen didn't mind people touching his protrusions, a wild and unpredictable animal was another matter. The downside of have two horns solidly implanted in his head meant that if anyone were to grab them and pull, Ara had no option but to move in the direction the person was pulling.

Hoping that his voice didn't scare away the creature, Ara slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out one of the tags. He didn't dare break sight of the creature to look at what colour the tag was, not while it was so close to him. The horned teen eyed up the arm of the toad that was stretched out towards him. 'I'd need to get the horn out' he realized. The creatures limb was thin indeed, but the main problem that the student thought of was trying to get the tab onto it. When closed it couldn't slip over the hands or feet of the toad-chimps, so it'd have to be opened.

Arapeta reached into his pocket and grabbed out the horn, using it to wedge open the stiff plastic. If he was lucky enough, and quick enough, he'd be able to slip the strapper onto the arm of the toad in front of him and close it enough so that it wouldn't slip off when the creature inevitably ran off.

Summary

BigGuava
Member Avatar
Honk.
The journey towards the birds’ exhibit was fairly uneventful, the chance of conversation marred by the constant directions given by the Brit’s instructor. Aware of his own tendency to ramble, Jack intentionally forewent the general small talk in an effort to receive the mighty mouse’s instructions. The candle-lit Brit would follow Master Miyazaki’s instructions to a T, although his deliberate steps caused the pair to reach the habitat slightly later compared to the others. The Brit’s teacher would soon begin gaping in awe at the kiwi’s exhibit, the sight apparently an engineering marvel. Unfortunately for Jack, he could only notice the various bird calls and rustling leaves. The skulled teen’s head would slightly dip, a solemn realization washing over the teen.

“Ah yes, this beautiful cacophony of squawks and squalls is a phenomenal display of nature, is it not? I do envy you, Professor, as I shall never be able to gaze upon this spectacle whatever Creator may have delivered onto us. Granted this envy grows more hollow by the hour, as with each passing day my appreciation for the vibrations which waltz throughout the world flourishes like the lilies of March. Such limitations become increasingly intimate when you are the sole being that can witness an entire array of illustrations. It is almost if I were the lone individual who were able to observe the Mona Lisa. Ironic, considering that I may not even fathom the slightest glimpse of the painting. Are you familiar with the feeling, Master Miyzaki?

The boney gentleman would nod along, assuming Master Miyazaki picked up the conversation with the boy. It was not long before his professor would take his leave. The teacher had fulfilled his task of directing the blind Brit, and apparently had acquaintances to visit.

”I appreciate the directions, Master Miyazki, I do wish your visitations well.”

After a deep bow, Jack would warmly wave the diminutive professor goodbye before turning towards the zookeeper. The fellow began to explain the elements of the enclosure, even alerting to him to the dangers of entangling trees. The skeleton would attempt to assuage the concerns the man had about his apparent “blindness,” hoping that his standard explanation would be enough to calm whatever reservations the chap had.

“You need not worry, dear sir, as my vision is a tad more complicated than mere blindness. I am able to interpret the vibrations which occupy the air, crafting a general outline of my environment inside my mind. Unfortunately, this has essentially left myself illiterate towards general typography. It would be most delightful if you were able to direct myself towards the general hospice after I acquired this bushy avian.”

The soaring leaves left Jack mildly amused as he entered the enclosure, the dancing vibrations of wafer-thin entities proving to quite the spectacle for the lad. His bones remained in tune with the environment that had surrounded him, a technique leftover from his journey towards the exhibit. He began taking in the environment, hoping to notice a small, hairy bird amongst the others. Given the apparent difference between Bob and the other Kiwis, it should not be too difficult for the ghoulish gentleman to differentiate between the birds. If Jack could locate the inflatable target, he would slowly sneak towards the bird in an effort to prevent any accidental spookings.

Summary

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Support Course · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Sister Sites

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Vote for My Hero Academia RP at Top Site List Planet My Hero Academia RP

Affiliates

Bleach Platinum Hearts BROKEN CHAINS Ninpocho Affilate
"Deep Waters" theme created by HawkBlade124 of the Zetaboards Resource Zone.